• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the world coming to? A South African scoring runs against Australians... Englishmen making Aussies cry... Neil making not one, but two errors.

I fear...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Reds side is basically everyone left who's fit:

Stedman
Dobson
Markus (c)
Iyer
Langley
Gray (wk)
Nayak
Bennett
Borcich
Loganathan
Watt

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colts side to face Blue (September 15th)

T Mamesh
NR Hancock (vc)
DP Towns (c)
JB Malthus-Howell
OJ Cook
S Jasotharan (wk)
DP Tucker
JB Brown
G Nayak
DJ Comley
GM Thomas

12th: AS Das
13th: JP McNamara

Congratulations to all selected and good luck.

Same tactics please Liam with Brown replacing Wright.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Black
at the PDV Dome

A fantastic hundred from Dinu DeSilva stunned the Black bowlers, as he and anchorman Sean Fuller added 204 for the 3rd wicket, batting first on the PDV pitch. Fuller fell agonizingly short of a maiden OD ton, but played an essential role in pushing the innings to 278/7.

The total came on a quick bouncy track and proved more than enough, as Black faltered in the chase. Ash Chaulk got his team off to a brisk start, but wickets fell all too regularly for any momentum to be sustained.

Most notable of the Blue bowlers was Adam Collins, who was hit for 15 runs in his first over. Determined to allow him to find rhythm, stand-in captain Sean Fuller allowed him to continue bowling. He was quickly rewarded with wickets in his 2nd and 3rd overs. Ultimately Collins bowled his last 9 overs for 24 runs and took 3 wickets.

Round 1 of the Blue-Black Season 9 rivalry ends with a 2-0 victory to Blue.

CW Blue 278/7 (50 overs)
CW Black 224/6 (50 overs)

CW Blue won by 54 runs
Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Attachments

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Yeah baby!

Well done blues, awseome batting by Dinu and Sean! Unlucky Sean n ot to get the ton.
Dinu simply put, went spastic on the black bowling attack!!

Well bowled Ad's, contributions from the rest of the bowlers too :)

two from two boys :)

Simon

great win by blue, this is a very positive start to the season, two from two is something to build from...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
The Reds side is basically everyone left who's fit:

Stedman
Dobson
Markus (c)
Iyer
Langley
Gray (wk)
Nayak
Bennett
Borcich
Loganathan
Watt
come on guys now is the time for us all to stand up. let's grab a win here and really show that us left overs know how to play cricket.

dinu23

International Debutant
haha! what a game guys! very happy with my performance. well done Sean and all the bowlers.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Another poor game by us. We are in terrible form at the moment, just need that breakthrough win.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, amazing win given that it really was close to a makeshift lineup for us, using the exact eleven players we have left without the internationals. I felt like I was struggling out there for a while, but Dinu really kept the scoreboard moving and took the pressure off me, and we were able to put them to the sword a bit at the end.

Excellent bowling efforts all round as well, Adam in particular.

Not sure I deserved man of the match over Dinu, but it's nice to set a good example in my first game as skipper with my highest OD score. :)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Some form there bye the Blacks. Its coming i can feel it. Although i cant say the same for my batting.. ive hit about 50 runs combined for both forms for the season so far.. EKKKKKK

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That's largely because of Hancock. He had a good spell going and only imploded at the very end. Thomas then came on to fill in the one over needed between himself and Hancock at the end, but he came him on at the wrong end. Thus, Hancock had to bowl one more over if only to allow Wright to bowl the 50th, which he did superbly.
Urgh, typical :P

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Argh, we just can't get this season going. Without Neil, Butler and Dave is going to be hard to get the season up off the ground, but I know we can do it.