• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nnanden said:
would have liked to be told why I didnt play, as I believe I am now fit. Dissapointing Blues, great batting by Desilva though! and nice stuff from Harris, Demeza. Luck for next game! :)
You weren't fit. Now you're fit.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Slats4ever said:
good win reds.... hard to see how camo got man of the match but still a good debut and well played mate... all players played well.
It was his second game. He played a crucial role in getting runs at the end of the innings, which essentially pushed the total out of reach of Green. He then took the wickets of the two best OD batsmen in the system to force home the victory. Pretty clear cut IMO.

Don

State Vice-Captain
see when ur ur u are really motivated to do well.
hey liam are u the guy co-ordibating the duathalon here in t&t.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
AUST_HiTMaN said:
debut

D'ebut \D['e]`but"\, n. [F. d['e]but, prop., the first cast or throw at play, fr. but aim, mark. See Butt an end.] A beginning or first attempt; hence, a first appearance before the public, as of an actor or public speaker

It was his 2nd game mate, also it was a fine all round performance considering the circumstances. Well done Andy :)
It was his One Day debut ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Thursday 3rd March

CW Blue v CW Green
at the CWBCC Stadium

Finally breaking through the draw barrier, the Blues capitalized on Green's loss of form to thrash their hosts by 200 runs. In a game characterized by even battling, Fitzsimmons once again rose above the rest to score yet another hundred. His was a big effort yet again, as he contributed more than half of Blue's 300 all out in the first innings.

A collapse inspired by Tarick Weber's legspin kept the Blues from fully maximizing on a position of 232/2. The youngster snared 6 for Green. He was then the focus with the bat, holding the Green lower order together as Nath Patrick showed great rhythm upon his 5D return.

With 114 runs in the bank, Blue batted again. Once again Fitzsimmons lived a dream, but fell short of his second hundred of the game. Peter Young looked in good touch at 4, whilst scoring a half-century in pushing Blue to a declaration at 313/8. That left Green needing to bat out 109 overs, or chase 428 for victory.

Rose and Goff were out on the fourth evening, but Feeney and Malone fought on. At 168/3 and nearing lunch, Green looked set nicely to force a draw, but Tom Halsey quickly changed that. First he received the help of Fuller with the spectacular run out of Feeney, then got Walsh and Cunningham in the space of 4 balls. Green never recovered and slumped to 227 all out despite Garven's stroke-filled half-century.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 300 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 186 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 313 for 8 dec.
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 227 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 200 runs.

Man of the Match: SJ Fitzsimmons

CW Black v CW Red
at the CW Oval

Though only just holding on at the end, CW Black increased its lead over Green in the 5D competition with a brave draw against the Reds. The Blacks were made to bat 114 overs in their second innings, but managed the task well enough, lasting with 2 wickets in hand. Ash Chaulk was crucial in playing until the end with the tail. Earlier it was David Kearsley who led the resistence.

The Reds won the toss and chose to bat first on their home turf. Stedman was out early, but Mørk
set up his usual shop and got another half-century in support of Kenny Dobson. Indeed, Dobson did not get to a hundred, but played a lovely knock to help his teams fortunes to 342. Callum Thompson was the best Black bowler, rewarded with 5 wickets.

In their turn, CW Black found things difficult initially and, if not for a delightful stand of 123 between Dubb-Lynch and Kearsley in the middle order, would have seen things to be much more so. The lower order then collapsed to 220 all out. Some 122 runs ahead and a lot of time to bat, Håkon Mørk licked his lips at the prospect.

He then set about to face 404 balls in scoring an unbeaten hundred amidst Red's 312/3 declared. Indeed, he rubbed salt into open wounds with 4 sixes(!!!) in the innings. Also in fine touch were Dauth and Dobson, and Black laboured in the field. Kyle Wright took 5 wickets in Black's survival effort, but the experience was solid enough to see the ship to port.

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 342 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 220 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 312 for 3 dec.
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 292 for 8
Test Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: H Mørk

Attachments

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well held out at the end there Blacks, we've consolidated our lead but the bowling was a cause for concern, especially from myself, i just can't seem to buy a wicket atm (a bit like Gilo last year ;))

Mr Mxyzptlk

Not doing too bad though Dave. Batting at almost 20 per innings at number 10 whilst bowling at less than 30 is pretty good. Economy of 1.78! That's surely playing a role.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Annoying!!! I mean, 312/3...we ought to have scored that faster than 2.5 an over, and then to see Chaulk doing a me-like defense...gods...

Simon

well what can u say?!?!
another great blue win and another big hundred for me, happy to be approaching 2000 runs for the season already...