• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Watching the replay with the slow motion cameras suggested there was an edge for mine, although it was just the slightest contact. Snicko then confirmed it.
Seeing as everybody who's seen it has needed replays to see if it nicked or not - I think that there's no way anyone can complain about it not being given.

shankar

International Debutant
Hawkeye may well be accurate quite a lot but has too many flaws and relies too much on predicting things. I could stand for it to be used to determine the line of a delivery and where it pitched, but where it crosses over into predicting what the ball might have done it's no good.
Surely the only problem with Hawk-eye should be whether it captures the path of the ball accurately or not? It relies on a prediction because that's what the lbw rule necessarily requires!

Fiery

Banned
You wouldn't say it if its McCullum IMO.
I would. I don't mind guys not walking when I'm playing but when they then go and admit they were out afterwards, that really annoys me. If you're not going to walk then keep your mouth shut about it

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
I would. I don't mind guys not walking when I'm playing but when they then go and admit they were out afterwards, that really annoys me. If you're not going to walk then keep your mouth shut about it
I don't see a problem with it. You might hit it but the final decision is up to the umpire and whether or not he thought you hit it. If he happens to not give you out, you can say what you like.

If I know the opposistion players (I am sure Hussey knows a few of the english quite well) and I hit it and didn't walk I would let them know about it. It infuriates the bowler more then anything and loose bowling can come of it as they are trying to hard. So I am thinking maybe you are a bowler?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Have a multi that India and Australia will win today. Now if India win Australia will probably lose their first game of the series and rest McGrath and Bracken and replace them with Brad Williams and Mick Lewis :dry:

That or India will just lose to the WI as usual :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry misunderstood you then. I thought you had a problem with Hussey not walking when he's out.

Still I do disagree, if in a press conference he is asked "Did you nick it?", should he lie?

Fiery

Banned
I don't see a problem with it. You might hit it but the final decision is up to the umpire and whether or not he thought you hit it. If he happens to not give you out, you can say what you like.

If I know the opposistion players (I am sure Hussey knows a few of the english quite well) and I hit it and didn't walk I would let them know about it. It infuriates the bowler more then anything and loose bowling can come of it as they are trying to hard. So I am thinking maybe you are a bowler?
No I'm an opening batsman and I always walk

Fiery

Banned
Sorry misunderstood you then. I thought you had a problem with Hussey not walking when he's out.

Still I do disagree, if in a press conference he is asked "Did you nick it?", should he lie?
He's already lied in a way by not walking. He should have said "no comment" or "I don't know"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's already lied in a way by not walking. He should have said "no comment" or "I don't know"
How is not walking lying? I'd like you to make an argument as to how its not lying because I don't see it.

Claiming a catch which you know bounced before you took it is lying. Not walking most definitely isn't.

Fiery

Banned
How is not walking lying? I'd like you to make an argument as to how its not lying because I don't see it.

Claiming a catch which you know bounced before you took it is lying. Not walking most definitely isn't.
I said "in a way". I'm sure you know what I mean