Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: The CWPL Media Thread

The CWPL Media Thread

So, in the spirit of the posts made in the Forumer World Cup, post news articles relating to your team, players, or anything that would be in the media, in here.

Shady backroom ownership deal leaves team confused

A last-minute ownership switch of the newly-named Beautiful Souls team in the CW Premier League has left players bamboozled.

"I'm confused," says Shane Watson, "who am I playing for again?"

Wicketkeeper Matt Prior, however, was more philosophical, telling reporters "At least we have a name now. And a ground. Training out at Chris Gayle's backyard is a bit too... interesting, to say the least."

More to follow
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Riley bashes Brudenell

Weeman Riley, the team manager and well known Spennymorian, of the CWPL franchise Spennymoor Accordian Allstars has launched a shocking but scathing attack on the Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team.

According to Riley, Brudenell are "has-beens and flat track bullies the lot of them. That bloody Jayawardene is awful outside of the sub continent, it's laughable really." When confonted that Gautem Gambhir, the Indian opener, might also score most of his runs on favourable pitches, Riley chuckled.
    "Gautem averages 75 in away test when his team have won the toss" he pointed out, "And Dilshan averages over 50 when opening the innings." Nobody can deny that this is an opening combination to be feared by almost all bowlers across the CWPL.

It wasn't just the Brudenell skipper who was in for criticism though. "That Afridi fella, biting balls and all sorts, it just isn't cricket, we've got some top quality Northern lads here, Hoggy and Bresnan who just want to play some cricket, not stick bails up their noses or what not."

"Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team look like like a bloody pub team team to me" Riley told us here at Cricket Today. "I can't wait till we demolish them at the Tip Foster Memorial Ground, I almost feel sorry for the fact that they're going to do awfully in the premier league, but only almost, I'm no mollycudling woman."
    Last edited by weeman27bob; 14-05-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Shady backroom ownership deal leaves team confused

A last-minute ownership switch of the newly-named Beautiful Souls team in the CW Premier League has left players bamboozled.

"I'm confused," says Shane Watson, "who am I playing for again?"

Wicketkeeper Matt Prior, however, was more philosophical, telling reporters "At least we have a name now. And a ground. Training out at Chris Gayle's backyard is a bit too... interesting, to say the least."

More to follow
    I used to be 2IC of Watto cheer-squad here at CricketWeb back before he'd established himself; I'm gutted to learn he doesn't even know who I am.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weeman27bob View Post
    Riley bashes Brudenell

Weeman Riley, the team manager and well known Spennymorian, of the CWPL franchise Spennymoor Accordian Allstars has launched a shocking but scathing attack on the Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team.

According to Riley, Brudenell are "has-beens and flat track bullies the lot of them. That bloody Jayawardene is awful outside of the sub continent, it's laughable really." When confonted that Gautem Gambhir, the Indian opener, might also score most of his runs on favourable pitches, Riley chuckled.
    "Gautem averages 75 in away test when his team have won the toss" he pointed out, "And Dilshan averages over 50 when opening the innings." Nobody can deny that this is an opening combination to be feared by almost all bowlers across the CWPL.

It wasn't just the Brudenell skipper who was in for criticism though. "That Afridi fella, biting balls and all sorts, it just isn't cricket, we've got some top quality Northern lads here, Hoggy and Bresnan who just want to play some cricket, not stick bails up their noses or what not."

"Brudenell Social Club Pub Quiz Team look like like a bloody pub team team to me" Riley told us here at Cricket Today. "I can't wait till we demolish them at the Tip Foster Memorial Ground, I almost feel sorry for the fact that they're going to do awfully in the premier league, but only almost, I'm no mollycudling woman."

Let's see how your lot go on the Belle Vue dustbowl without a spinner.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

Let's see how your lot go on the Belle Vue dustbowl without a spinner.
    Let's see how you all get on at my runway without a bowling attack (I'm looking at you Cevno)

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Let's see how you all get on at my runway without a bowling attack (I'm looking at you Cevno)
    You won't be able to get 10 wickets either with my batting.

I'll take a draw away to one of the better teams.

LUKE WRIGHT RAGES

Luke Wright has slammed CWPL bureaucrats for what he described as a "****-up" which saw him miss out on the pre-season friendly against some team managed by a Cornish dude.

In Wright's absence, CW Green's fringe side stumbled to an innings defeat that he would surely have been able to stave off. He may now find himself pipped to selection for the season's curtain raiser against Team Bring It by second-choice all-rounder Andrew Flintoff. Had Wright played in the game, Green would have been heavy favourites despite lacking several key players.

In an exclusive interview, Wright blasted administrators, stating, "****ing ****, I believe the guy who ****ed the paperwork up is called Prince EWS, what the **** is that about? I had tickets for the World Cup a couple of months ago and the wanker got that cancelled too. If I find him, God help him."

Prince EWS was not available for comment.

Coming next: Ryan Broad - How my CWPL dreams were dashed

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Mick Lewis Invitational XI prepares for first home fixture

In anticipation of the expected tight clash between the Mick Lewis Invitational XI and Good at BJs CC, the home team has faced the media for a photo opportunity with the sought after Cricket Web Premier League Trophy.

Many analysts predict this is the last time the Mick Lewis lead side will ever see this silverware.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    That's a remarkably disturbing picture.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 27-05-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Simon Champion!

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar

Turbulence team owner Teja strikes a pose for the camera near the rain after the end of the rain-affected match with the squirts.

Sources report that individual copies of the picture along with individual custom made udometers have been mailed to all members of the Squirts.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Teja sued for impersonating the "Team Bring It!" chairman of selectors with a bad photoshop job. The CoS of TBI who is also the team owner said "People with such ****e photoshop skillz shouldn't be allowed to waste oxygen." He also said that he is purely suing Teja for such abysmal designing skills more than the said act of impersonation.
    Last edited by Shri; 27-05-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Good at BJs Given Award

The popular and well-endowed group of cricketers who represent Good at BJs Cricket Club have been awarded one of the most prestigeous awards available to sports entertainment teams today; the Come Shot Award.

After some hard work in the back rooms of the studio, Good at BJ's CC has emerged victorious among the countless opponents they have faced in the Come Shot International Competition (CSIC).

"No one has a chance against us" said inspirational captain AB de Villiers. " We are clearly the best at what we do".

The team captain also made statements aimed at rivals, Mick Lewis Invitational XI. The team, Mick Lewis Invitational XI and Good at BJ's are facing each other in a key encounter which will decide which of the two teams are absolutely rubbish and which ones are headed towards unexpected glory.

"Their team pictures is like a bunch of zoo animals thrown together" said the handsome captain AB de Villiers. "They need to learn how to take a team picture in style" said the wicketkeeper batsman who is actually not keeping wickets in a vain hope that it will aid his batting.

The following is the official team picture for the Good at BJs CC:

Posted by CricketWeb Unofficial News Service (CUNS)
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Thread Information