• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Magrat Garlick

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I am going to be off-line for 24 to 48h, so can I give you my first pick in the FC draft as Amla. Thanks
    Radcliffe is just coming across as sour... I think most people have accepted and understand the situation, even if privately they think its unfair. I can't see the world suddenly trying to try recruit people with the condition. As you say you, still need the athletic ability...

Ironically you mention tall people, I`m 6'4" and have the athletic ability of somebody who preferred chess... I was asked to play lock in the rugby team once... I just laughed.
    Had heard Stanisława name but did not know anything until just now (thank you, wiki)... did know that Semenya's case was not unique though. Whole can of worms that issue.

Yeah the rugby, is just generally not spoken about, and pretty much just accepted here in SA, there has been some recent banning for some players in the last week unusually. But there is more worry about the health issues for the younger generations than anything else. But even from an international point of view its does not seem to be mentioned much.
    Semenya is a bit of a different circumstance, but it does throw up a lot of problems for the sport... particularly because of the sensitivity to the issue. But I do hope she wins as well...
    If their is doping in SA sports, I would look more at our swimmers than athletics, as they spend time in the USA on the collegiate circuit. Oh and our rugby players who are probably doped to the... well as high as you could probably get.
    No hard feelings at all.. Just becomes a bit circular.

I think we understand each others point of view, I`m probably just being a bit more optimistic and hopeful (deliberately naive!). For all the issues around doping in sports, I do tend to give individuals the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong.... largely because I want to believe most people are good.
    Haha I'd love to but currently that's just not feasible. My Internet connection is the pits as it is, and with the rains pelting down in Mumbai atm, I barely get an hour of connectivity at a stretch.

Not been able to play Rocket League for weeks :(
    Have the complete version with GnK and BnW. I think you can play base Civ 5 by deactivating the two DLCs from the menu. Why, though?
    Spend thrift capitalist... most of the older hard backs and soft covers are actually charity shop books.

The novels have such a re-readable quality, where you pick up subtle and different nuances in characters and ideas that sometimes you miss first time around....

Yeah, Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic don`t really have the same feel..... will probably do that.
    I knew his death was coming, but still shocked me a bit...

I`m huge fan. Vimes is my favourite character from when I first started reading his books. Death is brilliant, but I have a soft spot for Granny Weatherwax. I`ve read all the books. I actually have soft copies for reading and hard copies for collection! I don`t read as much as I used to (well non-work related stuff) but have made time over Christmas each year to read his new novel... will probably start at the beginning again this year.
    Thanks. I was always more happy celebrating a great mans birth than his death. I wondered if you might notice? I assumed you are a big fan....
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…