• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oh cool we're playing. For a certain definition of cool. As cool as a B team JAMT20 second match of a five match series after the first one was washed out and that doesn't seem to be broadcast anywhere can be.

Batting is a collection of batters whose form/ability has been underwhelming. Good chance for Chapman and Foxcroft to do something after 2 down for nothing, I guess.

Oh wait there goes Foxcroft :dry:.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like a great innings by Chapman. Seeing his score I assumed the pitch was on the slow slide as he isn't great against bounce, but highlights show it was mid-paced. Dominated the spin bowlers.

When you can play an innings like that it seems odd that he's a nearly/not-quite guy for NZ, and it was an unhappy ODI world cup for him. But maybe he can still crack the code.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Foulkes around that 135-137k mark, kind of what I expected. You can see why he hurries batsman with his bouncer, that run up of his is interesting to say the least. Would make most of his pace through his action.
Kinda funny that he's bowled way faster in tests (close to 146 at the Basin) than we've seen him bowl in t20's and ODI's. Seems like the kinda guy who needs time at the crease to find his rhythm.