• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think it's a penalty but such a stupid challenge to dive into.
Yeah it looked stonewall live because of how bad a challenge it was

Still a mystery how Liverpool haven't put up like five. At least three chances somehow put over the top from a combined six yards out.

Niall

International Coach
I don't think its totally done, but City massive favs for the league now. Liverpool can't be affording to blow matches against banter teams like Man U like that.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Szoboslai shoulnd't start again for a very long time after that.

Encapsulated everything wrong with LFC's approach to that game, reckless in possession and wasteful in front of goal. No composure whatsoever

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Dropped points from 3 penalties in 3 days. 2 of them soft AF. Looks like refs want ETH sacked like some of the senior players.

This United team is so soft. Any game where it’s physical and the refs allow contact they shrink from it. There often isn’t challenges until they down a goal. What’s the worst is it’s not the young players who shirk from it. It’s the senior players like Rashford, Casemiro and others.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Dropped points from 3 penalties in 3 days. 2 of them soft AF. Looks like refs want ETH sacked like some of the senior players.

This United team is so soft. Any game where it’s physical and the refs allow contact they shrink from it. There often isn’t challenges until they down a goal. What’s the worst is it’s not the young players who shirk from it. It’s the senior players like Rashford, Casemiro and others.
didnt watch Liverpool match but Rashford was shocking in the Chelsea one. you get subbed on and you’re jogging and walking to get back into defensive positions when you have the lead???

weak **** right there

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant

90 shots conceded in 3 games against Liverpool haha. I'm not sure that's a case of dropped points for United, despite taking the lead they had no business getting out of that game with a point.

LFC wasteful and unfortunately just didn't have it together mentally. Aside from Mac Allister, Diaz and the subs, our attack and midfield were diabolical.

I feel for Quansah, that mistake is going to shatter him and make him the target for plenty of criticism. Weird selection choice given Konate was available on the bench.

Whilst I give Klopp all the credit for us being in the situation we're currently in, he's also responsible for some of the tactical errors across both games against United. Still a long way to go and no one will care if we manage to win it all but 4 points dropped against such a poor side is unacceptable.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Everton have had another 2 points docked for financial improprieties. Obviously they'll appeal, so who knows how long this will drag on for.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
didnt watch Liverpool match but Rashford was shocking in the Chelsea one. you get subbed on and you’re jogging and walking to get back into defensive positions when you have the lead???

weak **** right there
Wingers or forwards who don’t track back isn’t a uniquely United problem. It did leave a lot of space for the Liverpool fullbacks to exploit though. Listened to Neville’s comments and he called some of their play madness and schoolboy. He seems convinced it’s coaching since it isn’t addressed.

Im not sure. I see midfielders who don’t want to run and track back like McTominay and Casemiro. The latters legs seem to have gone. I see a team that won’t press as a unit and get undone by a couple of passes that expose the defense. That defense is often either too high or drops right off the midfield (Maguire) and leaves a giant gap for opposing teams to exploit. The team is also full of players whose ball control isn’t good enough for how ETH wants to play.

if theirs a coaching issue here it’s ETH being unable to adapt to the mish mash squad he was given. He still has players who can’t adapt and who won’t out work the other team.

I’d rather he just not play the one who don’t fit, or who don’t care. He’s playing some of these guys because his job is gone without CL and he obviously doesn’t trust playing more kids. Next coach will have the same issues unless you actually clean house though. Sacking him fixes nothing.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t think he should stay in the summer. You can say all kinds of stuff in mitigation and there are bigger problems to fix first. But he’s very, very obviously not doing a good job.