• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Indian cricketer is likely to win a WTC Final?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like the WTC but the first two didn’t count. NZ had the easiest of runs up to the WC, still had to rely on Australia getting penalised on run rate, got a warm up series before the final and had the friendliest conditions possible against India. They then needed 6 days to win. It was all rigged because the ICC felt bad about the 2019 WC Final.

The second WTC was a farce as Australia was cheating, just like they did in the 2023 WC Final @ankitj
Also the 2003 final when Ponting had spring in his bat, learning from Jayasuriya in 1996.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the only reason why you guys even pretend to care about this tinpot trophy is because it masks the fact that you havent won a test series against us in ages
Nah it’s just another trophy to add to the cabinet. Ranks pretty low overall in the scheme of things for our blokes, but I can see why India would like to win it. Any ICC trophy would be a drought breaker

Majestic

U19 Debutant
Can Jadeja or Ashwin or Kohli do it? That's the question. Let's not change the goal post pretending that WTC Final is some exhibition match just because the three names mentioned have bottled it big time twice.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Can Jadeja or Ashwin or Kohli do it? That's the question. Let's not change the goal post pretending that WTC Final is some exhibition match just because the three names mentioned have bottled it big time twice.
the only ruse going on is you trying to act like its the most serious thing in cricket

Majestic

U19 Debutant
the only ruse going on is you trying to act like its the most serious thing in cricket
That's probably down to your deliberate agenda of changing goal post to how this WTC is a joke and is about as good as an exhibition match and hence those Indian home bullies legacy won't have any consequence by performance of WTC Final or lack of.

Socerer 01

International Captain
That's probably down to your deliberate agenda of changing goal post to how this WTC is a joke and is about as good as an exhibition match and hence those Indian home bullies legacy won't have any consequence by performance of WTC Final or lack of.
dude, the 1st 3 posters to call the WTC unserious in this thread are all Australian fans, stop peddling bull****

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Even if India wins the next two WTC Finals, it will still remain a joke/bad competition for a variety of factors that have been pointed out numerous times by fans of all nations.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, I want us to win the WTC and I think it is still legitimate enough as the only real world trophy for test cricket but it has as many flaws as it has pluses going for it and I can understand why others think its worth nothing.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah, I want us to win the WTC and I think it is still legitimate enough as the only real world trophy for test cricket but it has as many flaws as it has pluses going for it and I can understand why others think its worth nothing.
that boils down to wanting to win every test match as a fan and being disappointed when that doesnt happen tbf, im yet to see someone who was more disappointed by losing in this exhibition compared to the odi wc final or the continued lack of series wins in SA like OP claims

OverratedSanity

I don't think saying the WTC final is a joke is fair. I just think putting it on par with the ODI WC or a big away test series win is silly. I don't even think making it a 3 match series like people suggest is going to change that perception any time soon.

TheJediBrah

ODI WC or winning test series away > T20 WC > Champions Trophy >= WTC
ODI WC > Ashes > T20 WC > Champs trophy > WTC

"Winning test series away" depends where it is but I wouldn't out any of them as high as an ODI WC, ranging anywhere from between ODI WC & T20 WC (eg. tour of India) or lower even than WTC (eg. tour of Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, New Zealand)