• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm annoyed that those wickets have got a bit of adrenaline going prior to our defeat. It's interrupted the flow of the gloomy rant I was composing about how I was done with this team etc.
If it makes you feel any better just look at the SP and Southee's figures this series.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
The guys on fire and there's a deep point and 3 other men back ffs. Back your man not to bowl bad balls and don't give easy singles when there's only 40 to win. Also more chances for catches if more are in.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
The guys on fire and there's a deep point ffs. Back your man not to bowl bad balls and don't give easy singles when there's only 40 to win. Also more chances for catches if more are in.
Exactly. Just because you’re in to a (capable) lower order can’t afford to stop trying to get Carey out.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Cummins seems pretty comfortable against Phillips, think Henry might be needed again.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I get the arguments for not having a third man but it's insane how almost illegal it seems to be these days (as I say that, we have one)
It's daft. Get rid of the sweepers on either side if you have to and well done if the batsman hits a genuine stroke for a boundary. But squirts and edges running away for runs especially in close cases like this runs me up.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big believer that third man should almost always be in. Make the batsmen earn their runs with good shots in front of the wicket.
Depends where you're taking the fielder from, in the context of plans and the batsman. Potentially having the 3rd man in costs more runs/wickets