• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
What cheesed me off a bit and someone should answer for it. According to the commentary team, South Africa was offered a warm up game between the second and third test and they turned it down
It possibly would have helped... but really that is meant to be a break between matches at the end of a long tour.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I don't get how Phehlukwayo is so undervalued, when a Daniel Sams and a Luke Wood are being hyped to the moon and back while offering pretty much a similar deal...

Stefan9

International Debutant
As far as t20 goes.
Sam's average of 16 with a strikerate of 153 . Economy rate of 8.7.
Luke wood average of 9.60 and strikerate of 106. Econ 8.3
Andile average of 12 with a strikerate of 119. Econ of 8.47.

All three's bowling is pretty average but Sams has a much better batting strikerate.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Not the worst decision but don’t South Africa play very less tests in the next FTP? Why have an exclusive test coach in that case

Shady Slim

International Coach
We might win one if one of the batsman score runs. I back our bowling in any conditions.
EDIT: Massive IF.
honestly if the aussie pitches are anything close to what they were for the ashes, i am so jacked to see your bowling attack duel ours on pitches of great assistance to bowling units

Stefan9

International Debutant
Says boucher lacks soft/personal skills.
Also blames Smith and boucher for throwing him to the wolves regarding the bavuma test dropping.

Stefan9

International Debutant