• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

Marius

International Debutant
I was never a fan of Cullinan even when he played for WP.
By all accounts Cullinan is a massive prick but he was our best batter in the 1990s and a hill I will die on is that he could play spin, he just couldn't play Warne.

Ordered Faf's book, should arrive on Friday.

Cricket biographies can be so boring though if they are basically just a rehash of matches played but this one looks like it could be spicy.

Heboric

International Debutant
I know this is very unfair to the young man but how about dropping Stubbs for Reeza and pushing Bavuma down the order

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I know this is very unfair to the young man but how about dropping Stubbs for Reeza and pushing Bavuma down the order
Dropping the guy who's averaging 25 @180 so far in his career would be odd, only player in that SA team who can walk out and go big from ball one.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Bavuma only works at the top of the order nowhere else. If he was scoring at 120 SR I would be happy enough... but he is doing nothing. It does, for me, highlight how much I under appreciated Amla as a top order LO batsmen.

I will add that Stubbs needs to be made aware how big the boundaries are in Aus...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Malibongwe Maketa selected as interim coach for Aus tour is interesting… I can see where they are coming from with his knowledge of the players.