• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Great platform for Mitchell to play himself in and then biff a few. But also a little risk here that NZ are knocked over for 420 odd - would be a disappointment and would leave WI in the game.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Gabriel kept probing Blundell with those innies, Blundell probably got through like 20 of them and eventually one got him.

It's kind of funny seeing Blundell and Kane in the middle. Barely a word is exchanged, both barely ever speak a word and shy as they come. No more than few shake of the head/fist bumps would have been exchanged over that partnership. Blundell only scored 14 but he did a good job as for putting together a partnership goes.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
First post this summer after a long lay off...

Big Daddy Kane 100's are the best.
Glenn Phillips > Tim Seifert.
Devon Conway > everyone.

I agree with whoever said Mitchell doesn't inspire them... could be my bias for CdG though, it's kinda like the gap between Aaron Smith and every other halfback for NZ. CdG is by far and away our best red ball allrounder imo.

nzfan

Are WI looking for declaration? Darryl Mitchell is in and they're bowling chase at one end. Easy singles to turn over strike as well.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know if the Kookaburras used for this test match are the same as those used in the early rounds of the Plunket shield, which were promised to be a little more Duke-like?

IMO there's appreciably more movement than I'm used to with both the first and second Kookaburra here, even allowing for grass both on the pitch and outfield (prevents scuffing). First one was still moving both in the air and off the seam until it was replaced, whereas I'm used to them doing basically nothing and looking soft from the 20 over mark. Current ball is roughly forty overs old and Kemar Roach just got it to go past Williamson's edge like that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Such a smooth double century. Feel like this is the first time I've seen Williamson purely centered in his batting bubble for a while, since before the ODI world cup really.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Kane really cares about the history of cricket he should declare right after passing BMac.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is also so perfectly set-up for a Windies 1st innings of about 230 odd with Wagner memeing out 5 short ball wickets.

nzfan

Anyone know if the Kookaburras used for this test match are the same as those used in the early rounds of the Plunket shield, which were promised to be a little more Duke-like?

IMO there's appreciably more movement than I'm used to with both the first and second Kookaburra here, even allowing for grass both on the pitch and outfield (prevents scuffing). First one was still moving both in the air and off the seam until it was replaced, whereas I'm used to them doing basically nothing and looking soft from the 20 over mark. Current ball is roughly forty overs old and Kemar Roach just got it to go past Williamson's edge like that.
No way... The domestic one was an experiment. That ball will never pass the test. Kookaburra are under a bit of heat to make lasting ball and one that has a bit more seam than the current turf used at international. If they used the one used in domestic, teams won't score 100 runs given the ability of the international bowlers.

The turf ball used at international is machine stitched. The seam is very thin and flatten out although the shape of the ball stays round. All other balls other than Kookaburra are hand stitched. You can't have thin seam hand stitched possibly so they are forced to use a thicker seam. The shape then is not perfectly round and that helps the bowlers if they hit the seam at an angle to move it off the deck.