• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Majin

International Debutant
Free for a friendly again tomorrow, not overly fussed about the pitch/conditions.
my senior team isn't worth your time but if you're up for a youth friendly I'll send you a challenge

edit: if not, if anyone is up for a youth friendly give us a shout. wanna see how my star fast bowler does against a much stronger team (well most of the teams in my league are stronger than me but not to the level some of you guys are :laugh:)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of over 21 (3 runs) - Scaly Piscine CC(92-3) RR 4.38
L. Westbrook 16 (26b) , R. Hyles 40 (46b) , A. Maraire 3-1-10-0

Hoping for a Hyles special...

Majin

International Debutant
Looking fairly comfortable for you now, definitely don't think my batting will be able to cope with your bowling at any rate :laugh: Looks like Lee still has a little way to go before he's ready to really challenge the best.

Majin

International Debutant
Haha yeah unfortunately for me my bowling is my main strength in youth and err...well that didn't work out so well. xD Think we'll manage to scrape about 180 in these conditions, if that.

Majin

International Debutant
Was only 17 runs off :D. Grat's on the win dude. Pretty pleased overall, we didn't disgrace ourselves in the face of a team quite a bit stronger than ours. Difference was your strength of batting, but hopefully my batsmen should grow fairly well over the season coming. Quite looking forward to seeing how our youth season turns out, sitting at third in 2.2 in the WI at the moment and ratings wise there's only one team worse than us in the league so we're not doing too badly. Hopefully I'll make a decent bit of cash off the bowler I'm selling, and can bring in a youth bat to bolster the middle order a bit.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
There are so many features of FTP that are better than Battrick. I think the training concept is better, and more realistic, plus other features too.

What sucks, is when you get your origional team, they are all allrounders and crap. My best batsmen have been training as bowlers, my best keeper has been training as a bowler, etc.

Can someone explain what the power, technique and other things like that mean or effect? eg in Battrick consistency goes with bowling, concentration goes with batting.

Thanks.

Scaly piscine

There are so many features of FTP that are better than Battrick. I think the training concept is better, and more realistic, plus other features too.

What sucks, is when you get your origional team, they are all allrounders and crap. My best batsmen have been training as bowlers, my best keeper has been training as a bowler, etc.

Can someone explain what the power, technique and other things like that mean or effect? eg in Battrick consistency goes with bowling, concentration goes with batting.

Thanks.
Technique goes with batting, bowling and keeping/fielding - ie the main disciplines of cricket. If someone has incredible technique but atrocious battng they don't get anywhere near the full benefit of their technique, the benefit of the extra levels of technique above the batting skill drops off quickly . Similarly if they had great batting but terrible technique they would waste a fair bit of their batting skill, they'd be erratic etc. The same principles apply to bowling & technique, keeping & technique and so on.

Power basically boosts the scoring rate of a batsman and is important for seam bowlers. Again if you have a very good seam bowler but he has atrocious power you'll waste a bit of the bowling ability.

Essentially the game encourages you to have well-rounded players, not just primary monsters.

The summaries are a great guide. I suggest you use these to get a feel for how much the various skills matter. The summaries are on the match orders page and on the player pages - they're also there when you look at players on the transfer market. Keep in mind that form is quite significant as well.

As a newbie you should realise that experience is one of the key areas you can catch up on the more established sides. You're in a much better position to play youths in senior matches, get them experience and so on. An otherwise mediocre crop of 20yos fresh out of the youth academy becomes a pretty decent set of players with 2-3 extra levels of experience. Because of the training system (everyone gets trained) the margins between average and good players is small, so these sorts of things help bridge the gap. Experience is a very valuable resource, use it wisely.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pretty sure when you get your team and when you pull players, the training they're set to is entirely random. They haven't actually been being trained as those things before you got the team.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Played Male Models on a crumbler, and threw in all my spinners (i.e. Gow and 3 youth spinners) and they took all the wickets, so it seems cap-reli & cap-cap spinners are better than exp-exp/outsanding seamers on a crumbler...or my tactics suck.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think I'm playing a bot today. I'm Killers Cricket Club, I'm bowling.

End of over 32 (maiden) - lahore-lads(119-3) RR 3.72
S. Lund 68 (106b) , I. Babar 12 (28b) , K. Marsh 6-1-20-0

Sad.

Jakester1288

International Regular
From a spot of bother, to winning by 5 wickets. It was Marsh 53* off 49 and Long 58* off 55 that won it for me, with Young 41 and Homburg 58 making runs too.

Son Of Coco

Got up by 3 wickets yesterday. Have had a good start so far. Will try to get my head around the game more this week and get on the transfer market.