• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got some credits knocking around that I don't plan to use for anything else so if enough people are up for it, fancy a CW friendly competition? Be fun to have a tournament I reckon. Will make a seperate thread if it gets enough interest to sort out the details better.
Nice. I'll be in. And out of the comp soon after, no doubt.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
****, just joined some **** **** comp. Devo.
Am in LMSC for a while myself...wait we can do leagues on different days, right? Thursdays and Sunday? Or are friendly leagues Thursday only? cbf checking. If only Thursday we could do a manual Sunday league like BT and other FTP cups before this.

Majin

International Debutant
I think you can do the friendly competitons on either thursdays or sundays, depends on what the creator chooses. Like it'll either be always on the thursday or always on the sunday, so whichever suits us best really.

No need to rush it anyway, for now I was just throwing the idea out there to see how many people we'd be looking at in the comp, so should give people time to clear schedules. Worst comes to worst we can do it at the break at the end of the season

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Scaly Piscine CC won by 213 runs

Scaly Piscine CC Torpoint CC
Batting - Top Order: 9,815 7,412
Batting - Middle Order: 8,586 6,679
Batting - Tail: 4,785 2,793
Bowling - Seam: 9,389 (8) 7,424 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 11,790 (2) 7,062 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 8,429 6,205
Overall: 162,593 120,114

Form drops this week probably cost me a few thousand, ratings not too bad though.

Bobisback

International Regular
Will be up for a sunday cup, but I would have some money on Scaly and I going deep in the cup, have a bot this week (:cool:), kinda easy win the next then Knights the next week...

NZTailender

Playing on a crumbling pitch in the Cup this weekend. Any recommendations as to how I should set batsmen? I.e. go for normal and defensive, mainly defensive, or throw up some aggressive?

Scaly piscine

Playing on a crumbling pitch in the Cup this weekend. Any recommendations as to how I should set batsmen? I.e. go for normal and defensive, mainly defensive, or throw up some aggressive?
Depends if crumbling actually changed during the last update.

Before crumbling was just a collapse pitch, orders during a collapse were meaningless. In those circumstances I'd leave the top few on normal and have the bottom few on defensive.

NZTailender

Depends if crumbling actually changed during the last update.

Before crumbling was just a collapse pitch, orders during a collapse were meaningless. In those circumstances I'd leave the top few on normal and have the bottom few on defensive.
Cheers! Have consulted with Bob and putting a couple of the top order on defensive. Will put the bottom 4 (all bowlers) on defensive now. Luckily 3 of those have ordinary bat skill.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Jaffna Jets >> 66. Asanta Inman >> Details
Player Details
Team Jaffna Jets Talents Gifted (Batting)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $1,474 Rating 26,056
Nationality Sri Lanka Age 16
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience poor Captaincy ordinary
Endurance ordinary Training All-rounder
Batting average Bowling average
Technique average Power average
Keeping poor Fielding poor

Any idea how I should train this guy? Thinking about going as all rounder till he pops to reasonable, then as a batsmen. Thoughts?

NZTailender

Just keep on going as an all-rounder. He's only a medium and has gifted batting so he'd be better off as a level skill player rather than being bowler skill heavy.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Yea. Plus the gifted batting makes it easy to just use bowling tech every so often to balance everything out. Get him plenty of experience obviously.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Made a new account with .matt yesterday, we hate it, but we are going to stick with it for a week, then if we still don't like it, leave it to never play again.

Can anyone give me some tips for my new account? Hopefully when I get home and can get on all sites (instead of having all the good sites blocked, which is ****!) I'll have it activated. :)

I went as Pakistan so my games are played at 3:00PM, I kind of which I did that on Battrick.

Son Of Coco

Yeah I joined yesterday too...gonna see how it goes for a while. The training's a bit different to battrick. Will try to understand it better when I have time.

Scaly piscine

Well the main differences with BT... experience is rather important. A high level of experience (expert say) would give a boost of say 2-3 levels to primary and technique for all relevant skills. So an all-rounder it would count for batting and bowling, which means experience is even more important for multi-skilled cricketers. You can get a feel for the weightings of the skills by looking at players and their summaries.

Power is pretty important for seamers and reasonably important for batsmen. If they're deficient in power they'll suffer basically. The game tells you when players tire, obviously how quickly they reach tiredness depends on their endurance. Middle order bats and keepers don't need much endurance, top order bats and bowlers (particularly seamers) need more.

The match engine is light years ahead of BT.

All players get trained. Which also means there's lots of middling players selling for next to nothing - these players would probably be better than most of your starting squad.

Relevant talents are very handy.