• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is where we boast about how much better than the UK we are, because we'll win more gold medals.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
We don't need to boast, we know that's the bloody truth. We are gun. When does it start again??

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd start an India thread but I guess this would have to do for me.

Who are our big medals chances this time around? Anybody have a clue?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I saw something on the news about that cabbie driver of Indian descent whose apparently a gun wrestler, and if he wins a gold medal, he'll be the first Australian of Indian descent to do so. That'll be cool.

Wonder if he looks anything like him :ph34r:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I reckon we'll struggle a bit and finish around 7th to 9th which is still a fair effort.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I reckon we'll struggle a bit and finish around 7th to 9th which is still a fair effort.
Yeah, reckon you're about right.

Sandeep Kumar. Think he only qualified because Oceania has a certain quota of athletes tbh.
Supposedly finished 13th at the recent worlds, or is ranked 13th in the world. One or the other.

I saw something on the news about that cabbie driver of Indian descent whose apparently a gun wrestler, and if he wins a gold medal, he'll be the first Australian of Indian descent to do so. That'll be cool.

Wonder if he looks anything like him :ph34r:
No, that's Tony Popovic. He retired from the Socceroos a couple of years ago.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Expecting swimming to be an absolute rort. The suits they're wearing streamline the swimmers to a ridiculous degree. World records will tumble, and plenty. Think most of them have fallen this year.

Will tune in regardless.

ash chaulk

International Captain
love olympics, wont be suprised to see Australia get off to a bang and then fade once the athletics comes around

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Our women swimmers to dominate and not much else itbt. Top 10 for a country our size would be tops.