Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Men's football competition

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    144

    Men's football competition

    Who do you think will win gold ?

    My tip is Argentina.

    However I'll be supporting Iraq -- go IRAQ!!!!

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Australia hopefully
    we are sending a fairly handy team....

  3. #3
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,901
    Portgual wouldn't surprise me.

    I just find it hilarious that Ronaldo and Heinze have been selected and Fergie is moaning so much about it.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  4. #4
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    yeah simon where sendin Tim CahiLL
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

    Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata



    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.


  5. #5
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by ash chaulk
    yeah simon where sendin Tim CahiLL
    Yeah a very handy team. Some of the players include:

    - Shane Cansdell Sheriff (He was at Leeds for a while)
    - Brett Holman
    - Jade North
    - Luke Wilkshire

    Then Cahill, Moore and Aloisi are the trhee overage players. I'd be interested to see some of the other countries overage players, see if any "stars" were picked!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

    Blacks ftw

  6. #6
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    the funny thing about this is that Ronaldo (the real one) said he would make himself available for the olympics to try and help brazil finally win gold there and then the nuffies they picked for qualifying bombed out and they didnt even make it!

    Craig Moore playing is good for Aus, holds out defence together well, argentina in our group will be tough, but i think we can go very well....

  7. #7
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Portgual wouldn't surprise me.

    I just find it hilarious that Ronaldo and Heinze have been selected and Fergie is moaning so much about it.
    Well wouldn't you if your new recruit has been picked for a squad and will miss CL Qualifyers and the start of the Premiership?

    And for Ronaldo, since we know he is one of the best young talents in Europe, you can understand why Fergie is trying to rest him so he doesn't burn out.

    Something Wayne Rooney may suffer from in the next five or six years if he isn't looked after properly and end up like Michael Owen.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  8. #8
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,901
    Why should he moan - it's the same as the managers with Africans in their side who complain when they get called up for their home nation.

    They knew the score beforehand, so can have no complaint.

  9. #9
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    So would you say such a thing if Coventry were a top flight club and in a similar situation, and Peter Reid went and had a winge to the press about it?

  10. #10
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,901
    Yes I would, because when you sign the player you know the baggage attached (when it is something like that)

    The only club I did feel sorry for was Spurs with Kanouté, because that was a different scenario.

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    i agree with marc, international call ups are bound to happen, and if the managers cant deal with it then they should learn to...

  12. #12
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    I don't think it is international call-ups is what Fergie is really upset about it, it is because he probably views the Olympics as a needless competition and he wants to give Ronaldo a break so he doesn't burn out.

    And besides isn't there a rule in place where a player who signs for a new club can be exempt from being called for their country unless if it is absolutely required.

    From what I know Inter have not had a whinge about it with Kily Gonzalez being picked for Argentina because they have enough depth Cambiasso and Van der Meyde to cover him.

  13. #13
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    the funny thing about this is that Ronaldo (the real one) said he would make himself available for the olympics to try and help brazil finally win gold there and then the nuffies they picked for qualifying bombed out and they didnt even make it!
    It was because the European clubs didn't have to release their Brazlian players to go and play in the qualifyers.

    Had they had Kaka for example it would have made the world of difference.

  14. #14
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanShepherd
    Who do you think will win gold ?

    My tip is Argentina.

    However I'll be supporting Iraq -- go IRAQ!!!!
    Italy could be a factor.

    There are five Roma players picked in their squad.

  15. #15
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    And besides isn't there a rule in place where a player who signs for a new club can be exempt from being called for their country unless if it is absolutely required.

    No, there is absolutely no rule regarding that whatsoever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •