• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, anyone else notice that chick singer end the NZ anthem with "God save New Zealand"

Meridio

International Regular
Wonder if McCullum or Hopkins will keep. Probably Hopkins, seeing as McCullum's given up the gloves in similar situations and he seems to be able to do what he pleases these days.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yay! Parnell!!!! Ryder was playing really poorly today, missing balls and stuff. Was frustrated into hitting that shot. Good pressure play by RSA.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
New Zealand is a very average team. I am bored of Kiwis cursing their team after one of their batsmen get out or they lose yet another game as if they are expected to be this world class team. Kiwis over rate the NZ team. IMO, at least.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
that explains it because on one end you are constantly moaning about odi's and then end up following a neutral game of a useless tourney on a working day.:)
I am off early from work today. We are having the annual Durga Puja in Kolkata, so it is holiday for the next 4-5 days in the city. I also support South Africa. Even if we leave all those reasons aside, I am excited about this champions trophy. Simply put, I wanted to watch some good cricket which is why I told my friend I wont meet him and I'll watch cricket. :)

Also, I do feel ODIs have a place. Only, the rules need to be modifed a bit to make the middle overs interesting and the useless tournaments have to be done away with.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand is a very average team. I am bored of Kiwis cursing their team after one of their batsmen get out or they lose yet another game as if they are expected to be this world class team. Kiwis over rate the NZ team. IMO, at least.
Well I certainly don't overrate the New Zealand team. But I don't see anything wrong with hoping for their success or being disappointed at their failures. Its called being a fan.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Whats the point you are trying to tell here with this post?

NZ fans are not so bad as Indian fans..

Indian fans burn effigies of Indian players on the streets when they lose!!!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think I have seen a similar post from you saying something like this. Basically you are saying that we should accept having a losing team and to not get upset when it happens.

We used to have competitive ODI teams. We made the semis of the last world cup etc. So my high expectations are based on previous teams competitiveness.
But if for the next 10 years we play poorly and maintain a rank of 7th or 8th for ODIs then I am sure I will come to expect to lose and perhaps not worry about it as much.
But the hope is that our current form will just last for a few years while we rebuild.
So for the next while I intend to still curse the players when they don't perform until I am forced to accept that we are permanent cellar dwellers. Force of habit I guess.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Raghav, I am talking about the fans on this forum.

Hurricane, you have to be realistic about your team. If it is an average team, it can't do spectacularly. I am not telling you to not hope, just not to expect. There is a subtle difference.