• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group A Discussion - Pakistan, West Indies, Australia, India

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Bowling extremely quickly too, up to 151.3kph.
Being helped by the SA altitude as usual, but he looks good. An WI attack of Taylor/Edwards/Rampaul/Roach looks VERY impressive, when they sort out their problems.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
On India - Pakistan games - the limited overs games are pretty exciting because they have a lot of flare in them. Sanz will think I am just talking out of my behind though. :D

pasag

RTDAS
Don't think Australia will do very well tonight, I'm backing the Windies to dominate our batting lineup.

Fletcher can do some serious damage to our fledgling bowlers.

Paine, should not be opening at this stage.
You're annoying.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would play Nayyar ahead of Yousuf and play with 5 bowlers here..

Gambhir
Sachin
Rahul
Raina
Dhoni
Kohli
Nayyar
Harbhajan
RP Singh
Mishra
Ishant
I would add the extra pacer instead of the spinner and my team would be exactly the same otherwise. Nayyar isn't the extra bowler. He is more of an all rounder.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would add the extra pacer instead of the spinner and my team would be exactly the same otherwise. Nayyar isn't the extra bowler. He is more of an all rounder.
yes but he can be the third seamer.. I still think we can try using Mishy or Harbhajan INSIDE the powerplays too. Need to be aggressive to win this now, coz we have lost 3 of our best players already.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Being helped by the SA altitude as usual, but he looks good. An WI attack of Taylor/Edwards/Rampaul/Roach looks VERY impressive, when they sort out their problems.
Yes, the altitude is helping, will be interested to see what speed Lee clocks at during this game, although he is coming off 7 ODIs in quite quick succession so I won't be too optimistic of tremendously high speeds. You talk of a WI attack of Taylor, Edwards, Rampaul, Roach, is there no room for Tonge? He has looked extremely impressive.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sammy has kept his line and length pretty immaculate. Been the best bowler on display so far. Has been getting assistance from the pitch too but he is pitching on the right spots.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes, the altitude is helping, will be interested to see what speed Lee clocks at during this game, although he is coming off 7 ODIs in quite quick succession so I won't be too optimistic of tremendously high speeds. You talk of a WI attack of Taylor, Edwards, Rampaul, Roach, is there no room for Tonge? He has looked extremely impressive.
Both Roach and Tonge are very inexperienced. I wouldn't play either of them for at least a year or so till they sort their lines.

Meridio

International Regular
Man, how refreshing is it to see a pitch with a bit of spice in it. Need more pitches like this IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
Not really considering the ball has been jagging around and Sammy has bowled well.
Yep, the only way we'd lose this game is if we'd collapse, these two have done well. Don't need 300 and if we went for it in these conditions we could be very well all out for 150 and our campaign would be all but over.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, the only way we'd lose this game is if we'd collapse, these two have done well. Don't need 300 and if we went for it in these conditions we could be very well all out for 150 and our campaign would be all but over.
You say as T-Paine has a massive slog and completely misses.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Those balls by Roach were crap and deserved to be hit.
An awful lot of balls are crap when you're bowling to Ponting. Dropped to nothing more than back-of-a-length and got smacked for six. Full and outside off, Ponting gets a massive stride and drives it between backward point and third man then picks the tiniest of gaps between cover and mid-off.

Smaller margin of error bowling to Ponting than there is bowling to any batsman in the world IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
An awful lot of balls are crap when you're bowling to Ponting. Dropped to nothing more than back-of-a-length and got smacked for six. Full and outside off, Ponting gets a massive stride and drives it between backward point and third man then picks the tiniest of gaps between cover and mid-off.

Smaller margin of error bowling to Ponting than there is bowling to any batsman in the world IMO.
Nah, those balls were genuinely crap. The one Ponting hit for six - it was a poor shot. He should have hit it for a four. It nearly got him out.

The four later on was off a full length delivery which any international class batsman would hit you for a four for.

I see the point you are trying to make but it doesn't hold good in this case.