• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, England, Australia, West Indies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Harmy's not exactly straining for the top notes, is he? I've seen nowt quicker than 84mph. If he was bending his back it would at least excuse the waywardness a bit.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Clearly, the situation calls for singles when you can and easy stride to victory.

Thus, Dhoni will do exactly the opposite.

Over/Under on the number of 'come-down-the-pitch-and-heave-it' shots Dhoni plays?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Don`t think bowling the spinners is going to give England a chance of winning. Mahmood has done well. :)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Worst ODI pitch ever?

Not sour grapes as India would beat us 8/10 on any wicket, but this is not what the Jaipurians paid their rupees for, and I've had to whack matchsticks in my eyes to not drop off for this one, the beautifiul surroundings of Pink State notwithstanding.

Suggest the groundsman cuts one either side of this for the next match.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pedro Delgado said:
Worst ODI pitch ever?

Not sour grapes as India would beat us 8/10 on any wicket, but this is not what the Jaipurians paid their rupees for, and I've had to whack matchsticks in my eyes to not drop off for this one, the beautifiul surroundings of Pink State notwithstanding.

Suggest the groundsman cuts one either side of this for the next match.
Nah, I like pitches like these once in a while. Every pitch these days gets scores of 350+. Won't someone please think of the bowlers? A 400 run pitch is just as bad as a 100 run pitch, and you need both of them once in a while to mix things up.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
26.2 Dalrymple to Dhoni, no run, tossed up on the stumps, Dhoni comes down the track in an attempt to hit it out of the park fails miserably

HOLY CRAP! DId I call that or what? And he goes the next ball. So predictable...this man is so not-exciting for precicely this reason.

silentstriker said:
Clearly, the situation calls for singles when you can and easy stride to victory.

Thus, Dhoni will do exactly the opposite.

Over/Under on the number of 'come-down-the-pitch-and-heave-it' shots Dhoni plays?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
Hehe. *Imagines SS exploding*.

It's still on!

I just dont see what people see in that guy. I mean you'd think he'd learn after Mumbai...where he did it twice.

Hoggard said no one in the England team had a clue what he was doing that match. So I guess at least he confused the opposition. :wacko:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pedro Delgado said:
Worst ODI pitch ever?
You must be joking dude. The pitch had good carry and except a bit variable bounce, there wasn't much wrong with it.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wasn`t exactly a hard prediction to make. And I`m pretty sure I jinxed it anyway. :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
INDIA SIX DOWN

Can India pull out defeat from the jaws of victory? Could this be the worst collapse in the history of cricket? Stay tuned.

Thanks Dhoni.