• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jlo33692 said:
And now the hard question,
Which test match was the best of the whole lot? and why?
Mine was 3rd tied test as England had Australia on the ropes and just could not deliver the final blow, Australias fighting spirit was evident in this match and the reason i pick it is because it was a draw and proves that drawn games can also be so exciting ,even though on the score card no one wins but Aust,felt they won or got out of jail im that test, But loved all the other tests as well!!!!
I think the fourth, because it had all the hallmarks of 1981 with the boot firmly on the other foot (Australia following on and setting a target that was one run shy of the one set by Botham's monumental innings) - and I'm old enough to remember it.

At 7 down, I couldn't see beyond the headline "Warne's Ashes" at the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, guys, this thread has totally and utterly dwarfed all previously seen in CW history... not far off being three times the size of it's nearest rival... :eek:

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Richard said:
Well, guys, this thread has totally and utterly dwarfed all previously seen in CW history... not far off being three times the size of it's nearest rival... :eek:
That in itself is a complement to what was a truly great series. Indeed I may never see the like again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It really is genuinely possible that we have never seen the like before.
It's next biggest rival, incidentally, was... the NatWest ODI thread for this summer. :)
(Excluding of course the never-ending SJS and Cricket Guru threads)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
It really is genuinely possible that we have never seen the like before.
It's next biggest rival, incidentally, was... the NatWest ODI thread for this summer. :)
(Excluding of course the never-ending SJS and Cricket Guru threads)
Don't forget the 'Another Game' thread... :p

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best shot(s) of the series - Brett Lee off Harmison at Trent Bridge. 2 of the biggest hits ever. No-one could recall a ball being hit onto the roof of the grandstand, let alone over it, the road AND a neighbouring block of flats.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well not in England - Nathan Astle did it a couple of times in NZ in 2001\02, first in the Fifth ODI at Carisbrook then twice during the famous 222.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
So, Richard, have you read through it yet? :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now, there's an idea... something to do on long winter's nights...
Probably take about a day to do, mind.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
was just going to dig this up to ask if anyone's got the DVD box set that came out friday.

Got mine only watched a bit of it but im glad its not done in the arty farty channel 4 highlights way, still too much Nicholas though

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
was just going to dig this up to ask if anyone's got the DVD box set that came out friday.

Got mine only watched a bit of it but im glad its not done in the arty farty channel 4 highlights way, still too much Nicholas though
Haven't invested yet, although I did get sent one free from the Mirror yesterday by the same makers (I think: Sunset + Vine?) that I saved up the tokens and sent away for! Not bad for a freebie. :)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
pasag said:
It's true. Spent a good couple of weeks on it. Fuller said I'd never finish it, glad to prove the **** wrong.
I hope you're still feeling good about it when you sleep through the entire first day's play.

Ashes post number 1,226 right there.