• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in Bangladesh

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And play's started. Cricinfo says that the sun is shining through the clouds, so hopefully we'll get a full (or close enough) day's play in. If this weather keeps up, Australia's pretty much going to have to go for an innings victory, or at least a very small final innings chase, so they'll probably need around 400-450+ to ensure that they'll be able to win in time.

On an unrelated note, it'll be interesting to see how much Gillespie gets here. I'm gonna say he'll make about 38, off say 150 balls, but he won't make his fifty.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can't wait for Cosgrove to put on an exhibition of running between wickets in the heat of the sub-continent :lol:

It'll be interesting to see if anyone else gets frustrated with him.

andyc

Sportsgirl said:
Mark Cosgrove and Brett Dorey will replace Damien Martyn and Stuart Clark for the three-match one-day series in Bangladesh. Martyn played in the first Test but is returning home due to an elbow injury, while Clark is going back to Sydney to be with his wife for the birth of their child
Wow. Great news for Cosgrove, I'm pretty happy about that. The less said about Brett Dorey the better :dry:. Good news about Clark and his wife, though.

andyc

andyc said:
On an unrelated note, it'll be interesting to see how much Gillespie gets here. I'm gonna say he'll make about 38, off say 150 balls, but he won't make his fifty.
Looks like I might be wrong about this.

oz_fan

International Regular
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Hope Cosgrove gets a few games, as well as Mitchell Johnson.
Hopefully they do along with Cullen. The ODI series should be used to give them a go.

oz_fan

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Can Ponting make it 9 centuries in 11 tests? Would be an amazing feat.
I think he can. He has had a dream run of late and hasn't looked like getting out.

Gillespie finally gets his half century.

howardj

International Coach
Gillespie should be shot - he is terrible to watch bat.

The Aussie journos should join their Bangladesh comrades, and strike until Dizzy is removed from the crease!