• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Test Championship 2023-25 Points Table

Sunil1z

International Regular
no but they gave him 2 wickets while wagner and ajaz ran through them to win a test by 5 runs. azhar ali was last wicket to fall on 60 odd in that chase
I think you are mixing the series. One they played last year and other they played in 2017 or 2018 .

ma1978

International 12th Man
The real question is - does cricket need a good Pakistan?

And how to fix the fortunes of the Pakistan team? I’d like to see them back at the top

Sunil1z

International Regular
The real question is - does cricket need a good Pakistan?

And how to fix the fortunes of the Pakistan team? I’d like to see them back at the top
IMO T20 has destroyed Pak Test cricket. Who would like to toil hard on road wickets with meagre salary to show when you can earn a huge fortune by playing T20 .
Their fast bowlers aren’t interested to work hard for very low salary.

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
IMO T20 has destroyed Pak Test cricket. Who would like to toil hard on road wickets with meagre salary to show when you can earn a huge fortune by playing T20 .
Their fast bowlers aren’t interested to work hard for very low salary.
Now who spoke like a sore loser here after you call me names, kid? It is not the salary but their lack of motivation in key uncheered areas that makes a huge difference these days. Did you read my post properly? I have pointed out their fundamental problems in a short crisp way, and I swear, I did not make fun of them - just listed out their problem areas in general. You on the other hand make fun of their financial situation. Let me elaborate.

1) bowling fast got on to their culture, blood and veins due to a Shoaib Akhthar who was not so consistant wicket taker as Waqar or Wasim but his flashy speeds displayed on giant screen captivated their audience. Like serve speed fans in Tennis media who hyped Phillipousis's or Greg Rusedski's serve speeds. So bottomline - they think the faster their bowlers bowl, thats enough to win matches.

2) Running between the wickets. I was following Inzy from early 90s when i was a teenager. He would never put that extra effort to get to the crease. Thats a problem area even today to some of their players. It is not money either the reason for the lack of motivation. Its just that, that area has not been cheered by their fans. Noone would give importance to running between the wickets - they just think scoring boundaries would suffice. Yet again wrong approach.

3) fielding - they drop like 2 sitters a match, never give their 100% effort in a hard task that require agility and fitness thar has less glamour than batting or bowling. In short India also was like that in 90s but Dhoni changed that.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
A lack of professionalism within the management is Pakistan's biggest issue, isn't it? They dropped babar as captain, gave it to sharpen in one series in NZ, then binned shaheen for Babar one series later.

Don't get me started on their management of guys like imad wasim, or their injury management in general. They bowled shaheen into the ground until he was injured, then made him pay for his own rehab. Compare that to how CA handled early career Cummins. If Cummins was managed by the PCB in his early days I doubt he'd manage 20 tests.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
until this happens the wtc is meaningless
It's a simple solution. Make it every 5 years instead of every 2. That way you can ensure (ideally) every team plays every other team home and away once. And it actually means something if it's less frequent

Edit: and make the team on top host the final. It's ridiculous for India to finish on top and then have to play a SENA team in SENA conditions where they will probably lose