• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

White Ball

State 12th Man
It’s a long way back from here and to win this game we will need some help from England. If we can get to within 60-70 of their score and skittle them for around 150.
Huge ask and even that will probably be too much to chase. But we have a chance
yesteday I posted this I said a lot would have to go our way. I didn’t think we would get close to the scenario in reality it’s more what I hoped would happened.

Don’t think today could have gone any better for India.

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
There's very few wickets that can turn their nature as much in a day, or session, as this has done over 3 days now! After day 2 it looked bad but has probably exceeded everyone's expectations in terms of balls not exploding/rolling along the floor regularly.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
7/1 looks slightly generous to me, I feel like it’s not uncommon for 40/0 to become 150ao in a chase. Especially on pitches where the new ball seems to be the easiest time to bat.

But I can see a lot of scenarios where England do really make a game of it and India still get home by two or three wickets. They’re just a few runs short of what they needed.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
why is it that Hartley and Bashir, even Ahmed feel more threatening than Leach, Parkinson and past spinners, is this just because we're in India and when we're back at Lords they will be struggling to get people out again, or are they slightly more threatening genuinely?
Leach came up against Pant. He did fine overall until Pant decided “this guy isn’t a real bowler”.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England should be 50/1. They really have zero chance of winning this.
All England need to do is get through the openers and you'd have Gill and Patidar at the crease, the former who's a couple of failures away from being dropped and the latter who will likely be binned forever after this game. Even if there's only 80-90 odd runs to go from that point, England would have a shot. Run chases just need one dumb runout or bad shot for it to snowball into a collapse.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lets be real here. If you dont fancy yourself against THIS Indian side, you should never be playing international cricket. Its what I said last test too.
Yeah and it's just as stupid now as it was then.

The batting might be a bit underwhelming and the team might underachieve in general, but "if you don't think you can play well away from home against one the best few teams in the world then you should turn it up" is dumb. Plenty of players should be playing international cricket even if they'd suck in that situation.