• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in India 2023/24 #CryMoreTour

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
From the Guardian

“Asked about a realistic target in the fourth innings, Duckett replied: “The more the better. This team is all about doing special things and creating history. They can have as many as they want and we’ll go and get them.”

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
More the better might be the craziest thing anyone has ever said about chasing. That’s definitely a cult.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes Ben, India never have had aggressive batsman at the top of the order before Bazball. :clap:
“When you see players from the opposition playing like that, it almost feels like we should take some credit that they’re playing differently than how other people play Test cricket,” Duckett said. “We saw it a bit in the summer and it’s quite exciting to see other players and other teams are also playing that aggressive style of cricket.
Davey Warner and Travis Head obviously owe England a huge debt of gratitude for showing them how to play aggressively.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
It's nice to know that Dhawan's 187(174) on debut never actually happened. As a matter of fact, I think it's best if we declare that the whole 2012/13 Border-Gavaskar trophy never happened.
For some reason it amuses me that you had to pick an aggressive Indian opener and you went immediately to Dhawan.

I mean, you're right, he's just not the glaringly obvious example I was expecting to see.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes Ben, India never have had aggressive batsman at the top of the order before Bazball. :clap:
“When you see players from the opposition playing like that, it almost feels like we should take some credit that they’re playing differently than how other people play Test cricket,” Duckett said. “We saw it a bit in the summer and it’s quite exciting to see other players and other teams are also playing that aggressive style of cricket.
Ok, this is pretentious, egotistical flog behaviour of the highest. I didn't think Baz Ball went down this path. What nonsense

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Ok, this is pretentious, egotistical flog behaviour of the highest. I didn't think Baz Ball went down this path. What nonsense
I don't think they mean this, I think they are having fun with media outlets, in other words "trolling" ..

Anderson was asked about what England think is a good score to chase , he just said there is 180 overs left whatever they set we will try to chase it down in 60 or 70 overs . 🤣