• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think the wicket will be worse for batting by then and WI bowlers will be more tired if anything. This reminds me of the Gabba wicket of 2020-21 which flattened out and was easiest to bat on last
Yes thanks for bringing up the Gabba match of 2020-21. Heroic effort from Gill, Pant, Pujara and co in tough conditions against good bowling under a lot of pressure. It was very humiliating for Australia.

I am posting a highlights reel for those who would like to watch it again.

Spark

Global Moderator
WI's last three wickets added 86 so Australia at least getting the lead under 100 is not out of the question, especially as Khawaja's still in, then they actually have to set the target when they could all go over for 120 again, like in the last test.
Don't think the wicket will be worse for batting by then and WI bowlers will be more tired if anything. This reminds me of the Gabba wicket of 2020-21 which flattened out and was easiest to bat on last
Would not mind seeing Aus try to chase 360ish tbh. Be a good examination

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's played like a classic mid 10's Gabba pitch and while WI copped the period when there was a bit of moisture at the start, it's taken some really poor batting by our top order to end up in this position.

Starfighter

More classic Pat Cummins. Also WI are making pretty much the same mistakes we made in terms of not bowling normally.

TheJediBrah

Surely 3rd man should be a mandatory position when bowling to Cummins?
Part of it might be them wanting to keep him on strike. Might even prefer a boundary to letting him get to the other end with a single. However a few more of those 4s through gully though and they might rethink that

morgieb

Well 200's up now. If we can get to 250 I think we'd be in a good position, especially if we can still get a 45 minute mini-session at the Windies tonight.

Shady Slim

International Coach
honestly khawaja and cummins have done so well at taking the punch out of the game when a windies fight back after that wicket was on the cards

being able to really neutralise the sting in a game or test cricket is a really underrated skill and usman does it so well

Starfighter

I am very glad I have Kayo right now judging by what people are saying on Reddit.
As bad as Langer has been, Hayden has been worse. Though that said, I'm paying little attention to the commentary, and reading the Reddit comments I might have missed a couple of doozies from Langer.

It's been a real ear gouger today. Probably the worst commentary I've heard in an Australian test match. Surely Channel 7 is receiving torrents of emails objecting to Hayden. God knows why he was picked in the first place.