• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Weakest Captain in This World Cup

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So I was watching the Pak TV analysis program for this WC - The Pavilion - and it's great - thanks for the recommendation @ankitj .

But everytime they start the program, the host keeps saying they have 4 former captains of Pak with them and hence that makes them a distinguished panel or something. But didn't everyone in the team have a stint as captain for Pak in the 90s and 00s?

Andyhere

International 12th Man
Bavuma he doesn't even deserve to be in XI let alone be a captain of a team. He is keeping talent like reeza out of the team!
SA will be better if captained by Markram and bavuma replaced by reeza!

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised Shahidi is not mentioned yet. Rashid Khan basically captains the team. And the guy averages 33 after 63 odis at a strike rate of 62 even after playing half the matches against associates. That should be one of the worst batting records for a captain in odi history.

ataraxia

International Coach
I like how 8 out of 10 captains have been mentioned. Sort of reflects the state of things in that everyone badly rates their team's captain.

Spark

Global Moderator
I like how 8 out of 10 captains have been mentioned. Sort of reflects the state of things in that everyone badly rates their team's captain.
I mean, let's be honest, there aren't exactly any stellar captains in this current crop of major national captains, are there?