• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Andy, mate. You’re wrong. If you’d rather win the WTC than the Ashes you should have in your citizenship. I would rather lose every other series as long as we hold the Ashes. It matter more than anything. Next these days is India. Then a WC win.
I'm not wrong but okay if that’s how you feel.

Personally I would rather Australia win in India than England that's hardest place in cricket to win.

Winning in India is the most important in terms of series IMO.

World Cups are most important they are true standard of greatness while test cricket and ashes are dead breed.

Last edited:

loterry1994

International Debutant
Honestly though Joel Wilson the worse umpire out there. Been watching those England home series since covid and his been in like all of them. I reckon his got the most drs decisions overturned compared to any other umpire

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
Andy, mate. You’re wrong. If you’d rather win the WTC than the Ashes you should have in your citizenship. I would rather lose every other series as long as we hold the Ashes. It matter more than anything. Next these days is India. Then a WC win.
Agree. Winning a series in India would also be good. It's sure been a while.

Also get joy from the mental hold we have on a smaller country across the Tasman. To the extent that we could probably roll out second eleven club team and still beat them somehow. Never gets old that, you'd think they would learn (the hopium).

Still find some humour in that most Aussies are (rightly) disappointed to an extent at drawing with the poms in England. While the poms themselves are ****ahoop at not being able to beat the Aussies on their own soil, on wickets they specially prepared to give themselves the best chance.

The bar isn't set very high when equal second sates your aspirations. :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So the end of a wonderful series finishes up with yet more acrimony and bitterness it seems. Both teams had been trying to change balls the whole way through the series (as Cummins pointed out). If Khawaja doesn't want to allow a ball to be changed, try using your bat instead of your head.
There's not a player on either team who doesn't immediately question that ball change when they see what has happened.

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia deserved to draw the series they played horrible in last two games Congratulations to England.

The ashes is long to the tooth should only be 3-4 games.

Overall apart England test cricket is bit too boring at the moment it's drying format.

ODI and T20 cricket are just way more entertaining and enjoyable.

Australia will win next ashes 4-0 and I will never watch test series in England again after this.

Hopefully England will break their ashes duck which is 10 years long! 4 series in a row without a win.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree. Winning a series in India would also be good. It's sure been a while.

Also get joy from the mental hold we have on a smaller country across the Tasman. To the extent that we could probably roll out second eleven club team and still beat them somehow. Never gets old that, you'd think they would learn (the hopium).

Still find some humour in that most Aussies are (rightly) disappointed to an extent at drawing with the poms in England. While the poms themselves are ****ahoop at not being able to beat the Aussies on their own soil, on wickets they specially prepared to give themselves the best chance.

The bar isn't set very high when equal second sates your aspirations. :laugh:
FMD here's another one......who are these "Poms" that are **** a hoop??? Don't tell me.....Piers Morgan?

Can you see any English poster here carrying on over drawing the series? Get in the bin.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Ain’t it funny how the spirit of the game stuff works when it goes against your team. Englands media was hounding about the bairstow stumping, Aus media hounding about the ball change. I’m fine with the change Aus had more than enough opportunities to win that test. They had like 7 wickets in the bed to get like 120, dropped catches, poor bowling the 3rd innings, absolute poor batting the 1st innings being like 1-100 to 8-200

Spofforth

School Boy/Girl Captain
FMD here's another one......who are these "Poms" that are **** a hoop??? Don't tell me.....Piers Morgan?

Can you see any English poster here carrying on over drawing the series? Get in the bin.
I was talking about the pom team/brainwashing cult and the obliging media. The moral victory ethos is strong (were the better team and all that).

You in particular, or your particular pov, is something I haven't really given any consideration.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ain’t it funny how the spirit of the game stuff works when it goes against your team. Englands media was hounding about the bairstow stumping, Aus media hounding about the ball change.
2 completely different things though. Absolutely nothing wrong with the Bairstow stumping, that was a nothing turned into a controversy. The ball change however was a blatant, and decisive, error.