• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
draw 4/7 now with the betting folks, I suppose they need 3 sessions to run through this deliciously deep batting line up which will be formidable with the weather.
I'm on the draw at 10-1 so I shall have £100 at my disposal. Anyone (cricket fans only) who fancies a drink in Bedfordshire on Tue. is welcome, (See previous post)

Kev R

Cricket Spectator
betfair Eng 1.9 draw 2.2 Aus a lot
Think Eng need 2 sessions approx 50 overs max to win. 50% chance of rain means it might rain it might not.
Where can I get a job like that?

Betting on the English weather in either direction is foolhardy
I have just arbitraged my 3.2 on England and got roughly evens return.
Thinking of setting up a hedgefund called sticky wicket and call me Kev Buffet
Got 7.4 on Windies/India draw. Might offload depending on the weather in Port O Spain. Currently 4.1

Kev R

Cricket Spectator
PS assuming Nathan Lyon will always play and taking a lad along for the experience is pretty daft.
And before the Aussies start lamenting their luck we have been without our first choice spinner the whole series.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PS assuming Nathan Lyon will always play and taking a lad along for the experience is pretty daft.
And before the Aussies start lamenting their luck we have been without our first choice spinner the whole series.
Murphy is definitely Australia's second best spinner; he wasn't just taken along for the experience. Captain didn't trust him in the end but wouldn't have trusted any other spinner either.

ashley bach

International Captain
draw 4/7 now with the betting folks, I suppose they need 3 sessions to run through this deliciously deep batting line up which will be formidable with the weather.
3 sessions would be an absolute cinch barring some kind of big partnership.
Almost 2/1 on for the draw feels like terrible value. 1.5 sessions from here gives England a royal chance.
Markets tend to suggest that there won't be much more than a session remaining, if that.
Never trust the weather, whether you want the weather to come or whether you don't won't the weather to come.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm on the draw at 10-1 so I shall have £100 at my disposal. Anyone (cricket fans only) who fancies a drink in Bedfordshire on Tue. is welcome, (See previous post)
I'm happy to pay for my own drink as long as you cover my transport and accommodation costs, get me some leave from work, and explain to my wife that I have to pop over to England for a few days.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm happy to pay for my own drink as long as you cover my transport and accommodation costs, get me some leave from work, and explain to my wife that I have to pop over to England for a few days.
Yeah, but I mean, Bedfordshire…

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
betfair Eng 1.9 draw 2.2 Aus a lot
Think Eng need 2 sessions approx 50 overs max to win. 50% chance of rain means it might rain it might not.
Where can I get a job like that?

Betting on the English weather in either direction is foolhardy
I have just arbitraged my 3.2 on England and got roughly evens return.
Thinking of setting up a hedgefund called sticky wicket and call me Kev Buffet
Got 7.4 on Windies/India draw. Might offload depending on the weather in Port O Spain. Currently 4.1
Where do you get 50% from? Certainly not the Met office. Pissing it down in Manchester atm I hear. Bearing in mind that it takes an hour or so to get back onto the field....... Sod Windies v India

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
If you'd taken my advice and put your shirt on a draw, you'd be able to fly to England in a private jet, divorce your wife marry Bella Hadid and spend the rest of your days in Barbados :D

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
has your luck been good with the betting this series? I’m not a gambling man anymore but I use to love betting on the wicket method markets like bowled, caught, lbw etc and top run scorer markets
Not to date .

I’ve took the evens for the draw and hope England drift to odds against early to cover

I can’t see aus winning or a tie

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On Saturday there might be a window of play but I’m not sure how big it’ll be. Then it’s a matter of whether Sunday’s forecast improves, as it’s gotten much worse in the last 12 hours.

Frankly if we do get away with this I’d feel guilty. England would have been cheated out of a win.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Anything in the uk these days is worth taking a huge bowl of salt with it

we will get play in the next two days. For me 60 overs worth will be enough
How when all I keep seeing is horrendous things like 90% chance of rain on Saturday and now 80% on Sunday as well. I could stomach them retaining with a result but a draw leaves me feeling absolutely sick to my stomach.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On Saturday there might be a window of play but I’m not sure how big it’ll be. Then it’s a matter of whether Sunday’s forecast improves, as it’s gotten much worse in the last 12 hours.

Frankly if we do get away with this I’d feel guilty. England would have been cheated out of a win.
I think hoping for rain is kinda dire, but being happy when it comes to save you is fine.