• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2023

Qlder

International 12th Man
I'm really not into Smith batting 5, especially behind Pujara who takes forever to get out ?

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Ajaz Patel just helped put on 60 for the last wicket against Yorkshire. He got 34 from 30

Only trailing by 27 in far more helpful conditions than yesterday. Could have been a lot worse

Ali TT

International Debutant
Who are Rew, woo-hoo-woo-hoo, guys gonna be a contender..
On the C247 forum we had teenage centurions thread - he'd have had two entries this season already. Hopefully he'll progress better than other recent young players to breakthrough at Somerset.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Ajaz Patel just helped put on 60 for the last wicket against Yorkshire. He got 34 from 30

Only trailing by 27 in far more helpful conditions than yesterday. Could have been a lot worse
Not the only kiwi tail-ender having success that. Canterburies' Matt Henry slapping a quickfire 50 too.

Third_Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Anderson playing today but not Broad.

Seems odd.
Did not go onto the field today, possible groin strain.

I guess everytime you play an England Player, you risk finishing the game with 10 men as even the slightest concern leads to a precautionary withdrawal. Maybe he will recover for tomorrow or even Sunday?

Tom Flint

International Regular
Who is g hill for Yorkshire I've had him in my fantasy team for last couple games and has done wonders. Does he bowl spin or seam. Must be a decent all-rounder whatever he does

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I must admit to having under-estimated Warwickshire's prospects of winning the CC this year, having written off their wins against two of the weaker sides at the start of the season and then having my initial bias confirmed when they lost heavily to Surrey. Since then they've been really impressive though, thrashing Hampshire and being well on top against Essex; both of who I fancied as title contenders at the start of the season. Rushworth is looking a brilliant signing. I'm not sure that I'd fancy him in the height of the summer, but as most of the CC is played in the spring and autumn, that won't matter much.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't think we had the batting to compete but thrilled with the results so far. Essex and Hampshire were two teams I wouldn't have fancied our chances against at season start.

Rushworth has been the star but our other signing, Barnard, has been great too as our all-rounder.