• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in South Africa 2022/23

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
More than the win I'm just pleased that this team played with a clear identity, at least with the bat. We've got non stop hitters so let's use them and play fearlessly.

We are playing at least one all-rounder too many but hopefully they'll realise that soon. It feels like we have something to work with at least in this format now.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
More than the win I'm just pleased that this team played with a clear identity, at least with the bat. We've got non stop hitters so let's use them and play fearlessly.

We are playing at least one all-rounder too many but hopefully they'll realise that soon. It feels like we have something to work with at least in this format now.
West Indies can actually think about adopting BazBall as well. I am sure it will do better than what the current test squad is yielding.

Beamer

West Indies can actually think about adopting BazBall as well. I am sure it will do better than what the current test squad is yielding.
I was thinking about this earlier. After Kraigg and Tage have bored everyone to pieces I think it's important to have some middle order batsmen that can transfer pressure back onto the bowlers when the ball is old. They won't do that though.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was thinking about this earlier. After Kraigg and Tage have bored everyone to pieces I think it's important to have some middle order batsmen that can transfer pressure back onto the bowlers when the ball is old. They won't do that though.
Yes, Tage and Kraigg are gold. Take the shine outta that cherry for them bwois in the middle-order

G. S. Kohli

Congratulation Sillycowcorner1 your team win the game & series after loosing toss by 2/1

Salute to R.shepherd 18 ball 44*) & A Joseph (5 fer)

Shepherd/ Joseph put on 59 off 4.2 for 9th wkt Partnership.

WI 220/8
Shepherd 22 ball 44*, Pooran 19 ball 41, King 36,Reifer 27.

NGidi/Rabada & Nortje 2 WKts E.

SA 213/6
Rossouw 21 ball 43, Hendricks 44 ball 83, Markram 1 WKt & 35* (Holder 1 for 42, Joseph 4/0/40/5)

* Not out

WI winning by 7 runs

Joseph MOTM
Charles POTS.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congratulation Sillycowcorner1 your team win the game & series after loosing toss by 2/1

Salute to R.shepherd 18 ball 44*) & A Joseph (5 fer)

Shepherd/ Joseph put on 59 off 4.2 for 9th wkt Partnership.

WI 220/8
Shepherd 22 ball 44*, Pooran 19 ball 41, King 36,Reifer 27.

NGidi/Rabada & Nortje 2 WKts E.

SA 213/6
Rossouw 21 ball 43, Hendricks 44 ball 83, Markram 1 WKt & 35* (Holder 1 for 42, Joseph 4/0/40/5)

* Not out

WI winning by 7 runs

Joseph MOTM
Charles POTS.
Thanks legend!

We are back baby!

G. S. Kohli

Thanks legend!

We are back baby!
They should stick with Bazball approach in 2024 T20I world Cup in June ( venue Westindies &"(USA Maiden for WC matches") Both team should not worry much about Qualification because they already Qualified as -- "Host Status"

More Details some other time
20 teams in World Cup T20.2024

Last edited:

Socerer 01

They should stick with Bazball approach in 2024 T20I world Cup in June ( venue Westindies &"(USA Maiden for WC matches") Both team should not worry much about Qualification because they already Qualified as -- "Host Status"

More Details some other time
20 teams in World Cup T20.2024
calling it Bazball does a disservice to this team when they pioneered pure hitting in t20 first

Beamer

So overall feelings on the tour were positive. There was some really enjoyable cricket played by both sides. In the tests ultimately South Africa's seamers were too good and really hammered home the point that we need a new middle order. Our bowlers did a reasonable job though and Alzarri was outstanding.

The white ball series was unexpectedly successful with outstanding performances from a few players and pretty good leadership from Shai Hope and Rovman Powell. So for once I have not come away from an overseas tour feeling totally despondent. I'm not sure if this will last if I see Reifer, Blackwood, Chase and Mayers as the middle order against India in June, but lets see!