• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

Ali TT

International Debutant
Conveniently missed this match but looks like the scoring was as predicted. England just a very poor side with poor players.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Borthwick always seemed like a thoroughly uninspiring pick for head coach. Nothing I've seen has made me change my mind. This group of players should not be this drab.

France incredible though ofc, goes without saying.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Borthwick always seemed like a thoroughly uninspiring pick for head coach. Nothing I've seen has made me change my mind. This group of players should not be this drab.

France incredible though ofc, goes without saying.
Borthwick may be the Chris Silverwood of rugby coaches but he can't polish turds. The standard of English rugby has clearly fallen well behind and will only decline further given the financial issues in the game.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Borthwick may be the Chris Silverwood of rugby coaches but he can't polish turds. The standard of English rugby has clearly fallen well behind and will only decline further given the financial issues in the game.
Meh that's doom-mongering. There's good players strewn throughout this team, but they're not playing close to their potential.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Meh that's doom-mongering. There's good players strewn throughout this team, but they're not playing close to their potential.
I just don't see that, sorry. Ten years ago, that was the case and once Jones came in the side stepped up for a few years. The best players in this side are mostly those who were the best back then, but now past their peak.

I'm happy to be proved wrong and we'll probably get to see whether a new coach can turnaround the side soon enough. If this form carries on, Borthwick may not even make the WC and he certainly won't go on past it.

Brook's side

State Vice-Captain
One of the worst aspects was that it didn't even look like he was trying to decide how to change things.

Just sat there passively watching the disaster unfold.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doesn't flatter France either.

They were as good as we were dire.

Hadn't won a Six Nations game at Twickenham since 2004 before today. Fair to say they made up for lost time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I assumed the match was in Paris when I heard the result.

The fact it's at Twickenham just enhances how much of a pants down thrashing it is.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Shows how stupid it is to do the World Cup groups so early and do seedings on the results from 4 years ago. Now only 2 of the top 5 teams in the world (Ireland, France, NZ, SA, and Scotland) can make the semifinals, while the other groups are mediocre.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shows how stupid it is to do the World Cup groups so early and do seedings on the results from 4 years ago. Now only 2 of the top 5 teams in the world (Ireland, France, NZ, SA, and Scotland) can make the semifinals, while the other groups are mediocre.
I think I'm right in saying that one of the sides currently ranked 6-10 are guaranteed a place in the final.