• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diminishing Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Perhaps as a compromise you could do the 16 teams together, but make it 5 votes each. That won't give you any extra work and will probably make voting easier (I know I'd find it easier picking 5 rather than 3).
Sure. I will go by this for the voting thread. 5 out of 16 it is then. If possible, please copy and paste your write-ups to the voting thread too once it is created, so that new voters outside of the drafters can read through them.

@ankitj Yes, a knock-out tourney of voting could be fun but it could be difficult to seed and pair the teams. Once the voting is done, we can request @shortpitched713 to do the knock-outs in simming and see those results too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sure. I will go by this for the voting thread. 5 out of 16 it is then. If possible, please copy and paste your write-ups to the voting thread too once it is created, so that new voters outside of the drafters can read through them.

@ankitj Yes, a knock-out tourney of voting could be fun but it could be difficult to seed and pair the teams. Once the voting is done, we can request @shortpitched713 to do the knock-outs in simming and see those results too.
If he has the time even the sim can be done as groups and then knockouts.

And i would suggest 6 out of 15 for the poll coz i like even numbers ?

shortpitched713

International Captain
For the sim, the last time, I did a double round robin format. So each team plays each other team twice, once home and away. And then whoever leads the standings at the end would be the winner. It leads to a nice metric assload of games, that whoever wants can look through the logs. This time, it should be something like 240 games, so unless my computer melts or something that should be a pretty satisfying amount of simming for everyone.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Lol, the person to nag right now is @JOJOXI , as I believe he is the only one at this point, who has not submitted a round XI pick.

I'm not going to sim until the voting is complete anyway, as I don't want to be influencing the results of that. The sim is supposed to be just a fun little sideline. :)

Also, @Patience and Accuracy+Gut to submit his full team order. I mean, I was able to piece it together from his last pick, and previous post with preliminary team order, but it would be nice if he confirms for us. :)
The team-
Bill Lawry
Stewie Dempster
Charles Macartney
Kevin Pietersen
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Clive Llyod*
Rishabh Pant+
Keith Miller
Imran Khan
Mike Procter
Tiger O’Reilly

shortpitched713

International Captain
Speaking of few wickets guys. No Lohmann! :O

While maybe kind of understandable, I was sure someone would snap him up in the late desperation rounds.

shortpitched713

International Captain
The sim is done and dusted now. I'm pretty sure everyone has made up their minds in the poll, so no harm in posting the results now, is there?