• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Shady Slim

International Coach
If that's actually the rule it's laughable and should be changed ASAP. He was clearly in control
how often do ya see the ball pop out on impact with the ground though for a motion catch

next time you see someone take a flying screamer they might as well toss it away before they land given they were clearly in control of the ball on their way to the ground right

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how often do ya see the ball pop out on impact with the ground though for a motion catch

next time you see someone take a flying screamer they might as well toss it away before they land given they were clearly in control of the ball on their way to the ground right
You think throwing the ball away like that is easier than just holding onto it? **** me the skill it would take to release it like that, that quickly is ridiculous

I see your point though, if that was a catch on the boundary it wouldn't be out, otherwise every boundary save that gets thrown back in would be a catch

Shady Slim

International Coach
Agree with this
^ he gets it
You think throwing the ball away like that is easier than just holding onto it? **** me the skill it would take to release it like that, that quickly is ridiculous

I see your point though, if that was a catch on the boundary it wouldn't be out, otherwise every boundary save that gets thrown back in would be a catch
yea like i said ftr i absolutely reckon if he didn't yeet it away he would have held it, but he didn't is the thing. interesting point you raise as re the boundary catch and yanno what you're entirely right - hadn't thought of that myself hehe

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't the rule that you have to have control over the further disposal of the ball to constitute a catch? Green clearly has that.

33.3 Making a catch

The act of making a catch shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement.

I reckon it looked shaky, agreed, but it's a catch in the eyes of the law book from what I can see

TheJediBrah

Isn't the rule that you have to have control over the further disposal of the ball to constitute a catch? Green clearly has that.

33.3 Making a catch

The act of making a catch shall start from the time when the ball first comes into contact with a fielder’s person and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control over both the ball and his/her own movement.

I reckon it looked shaky, agreed, but it's a catch in the eyes of the law book from what I can see
If that's the case though, then every time a fielder catches a ball on the boundary and has to throw it back in to save the boundary it should actually be out

Shady Slim

International Coach
They would be in control of their movement, the movement would just be moving them over the rope and make it 6
and we're talking seconds, milliseconds, here, like, between green still tumbling and green having stabilised enough for you to say for certain he's master of the domain here, but imho it's just too early

TheJediBrah

and we're talking seconds, milliseconds, here, like, between green still tumbling and green having stabilised enough for you to say for certain he's master of the domain here, but imho it's just too early
This is where I think you're wrong. There's no way he's not in complete control to be able to release the ball like that. You can't do that and at the same time not have been able to do pretty much anything you wanted with the ball

WICFan

U19 Captain
Wouldn't bank on Australia being desperate to have them back soon for Tests after this
Looks like they tried to rearrange it.

West Indies' next Test cricket will come on tours of Zimbabwe and South Africa in early 2023. They are then due back in Australia in a little over 12 months' time due a quirk of the next World Test Championship cycle, which has seen them paired together again with no other spot on the calendar to try and space out the series a little more. CA had tried to find another window to avoid back-to-back summers with the same opposition but it wasn't possible.

Burgey

These guys practice taking like 100 catches in the cordon a week, probably more