• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia vs West Indies - Frank Worrell Trophy 2022

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Genuinely, a lineup of
1.Tage
2.Kraigg
3.Bonner
4.Blackwood
5.King
6.Mayers/desilva/holder
7.desilva/holder/Mayer's
8.Holder/Mayer's/desilva
9.Motie/rakheem
10.Roach
11.Seales

Sounds lethal in the Carribbean.
I think we'll continue to be competitive in the Caribbean as you said. Especially with a more solid opening partnership.

What this series had outlined though, is that we will remain a low to middling test side until we get a much higher quality number 3 and 4 and get more express pace. Until this series Joseph had looked to be improving so I'd persist with him.

We have to find a way of being more competitive with the kookaburra though, it's not acceptable to be this bad with it.

Slifer

International Captain
I think we'll continue to be competitive in the Caribbean as you said. Especially with a more solid opening partnership.

What this series had outlined though, is that we will remain a low to middling test side until we get a much higher quality number 3 and 4 and get more express pace. Until this series Joseph had looked to be improving so I'd persist with him.

We have to find a way of being more competitive with the kookaburra though, it's not acceptable to be this bad with it.
Ok so yeah I agree wi bowling is bad (outside the WI) but let's be fair. Only an great attack ala India or RSA would do anything to this Australian lineup in Australia.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Ok so yeah I agree wi bowling is bad (outside the WI) but let's be fair. Only an great attack ala India or RSA would do anything to this Australian lineup in Australia.
True, huge credit to this excellent Australian side. But for us to struggle this badly with the ball when we're so good with the dukes and reasonable with the SG suggests we have a big problem with the kooka. Especially when you consider we struggle almost as badly in NZ.

Slifer

International Captain
Shai Hope's twin test tons in that awesome victory in England was such a false dawn. He should have become Lara after that or at least Sarwan
If he had been Carl Hooper I'd have been happy with even that. WI have zero batsmen who average over 35, much less 40.

Shady Slim

International Coach
fielders making a big deal about jds french cut as if marnus doesn't get through like twenty of those every dig lmao

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Vice-Captain
Seriously, let's be honest with ourselves, how can anyone take this Australia vs West Indies test series seriously? The West Indies are a rabble and have been for years. This series is simply a stats galore feast for the Aussie batsman and bowlers.

#AustraliaVsWestIndies #SecondTest #Day3

Shady Slim

International Coach
Seriously, let's be honest with ourselves, how can anyone take this Australia vs West Indies test series seriously? The West Indies are a rabble and have been for years. This series is simply a stats galore feast for the Aussie batsman and bowlers.

#AustraliaVsWestIndies #SecondTest #Day3
i think the bolded is true but the rest is not necessarily.

the windies are really formidable with the duke at home and they're formidable with the duke at home not due to mickey mouse pitches but rather because of their excellent (full strength) attack, even if their batting lineup has been lacking. discovering tage, as nintendo, silfer, and beamer all have pointed out, really starches that batting lineup if he can kick on. in saying that, their batting is generally brittle, their attack can't bowl with the kooka on our pitches (seemingly afflicting every country other than modern india and seth effrika), and they are injury beset at the moment.