• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

the big bambino

International Captain
Certainly bazball worked on a road but how much did pakistans bowling contribute? Even Naseem went for plenty quickly so just how good were his lengths? If they were good then the pitch was was truly awful but if he was ragged then maybe bazball can still be contained with accurate bowling.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Certainly bazball worked on a road but how much did pakistans bowling contribute? Even Naseem went for plenty quickly so just how good were his lengths? If they were good then the pitch was was truly awful but if he was ragged then maybe bazball can still be contained with accurate bowling.
You talk like Naseem is a proven bowler.

the big bambino

International Captain
He was their best and I just wanted to know how accurately he bowled. And his team mates. If they hit their lengths then they can’t really be blamed for the speed and amount of English runs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Naseem was actually pretty decent in his opening spell. Ali was pedestrian and not even accurate on day 1. Not sure if he got better. Rauf tried various things but his style of bowling is just begging to be flogged on a surface that gives you absolutely nothing, especially bounce.

Niall

International Coach

I've never seen a Pakistan bowling line up as pathatic as this.

I recall back in the day the likes of Umar Gul was considered not good enough for selection, they would kill for such an option now ffs.

Xuhaib

International Coach

I recall back in the day the likes of Umar Gul was considered not good enough for selection, they would kill for such an option now ffs.
I don't think bowling line up was that poor barring Zahid, Naseem has been bowling well in tests for the last two series also with Shaheen injured Haris was a decent punt, hes in form and I still believe he has a place in the test side in a 5 man attack as the enforcer. They could have gone for Abbas or Hassan for experience over Ali but atleast Ali came in with domestic numbers unlike Zahid.

You are already letting your bowlers know that you dont rate them when you ask them to bowl on that track. I will give the bowling attack including Zahid a little leverage here they were given nothing to work with by the team leadership.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It's also really depressing reading pakpassion after games like this. So many posters there seem to jump all over the easy explanation that "lack of talent" is to blame, when its almost the opposite. Pitches, selection, captaincy, conservative mindset, mental game, lack of overall leadership and inexperieced bowlers are the reasons for this result.
I saw this batting line up on Pakpassion for 2nd test to counter bazball with Pakball. My eyes bleed.

1.Sharjeel Khan
2. Fakhar Zaman
3. M. Hurraira
3. Babar Azam
4. Azam Khan
5. Shadab Khan(c)
6. Umar Akmal
7. Fahim Ashraf

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That hatred which some people have on that site for Rizwan is unreal

It's also really depressing reading pakpassion after games like this. So many posters there seem to jump all over the easy explanation that "lack of talent" is to blame
In fairness, a good proportion of that is a couple of posters posting in blatant bad faith

Last edited:

slow deck

Cricket Spectator
I saw this batting line up on Pakpassion for 2nd test to counter bazball with Pakball. My eyes bleed.

1.Sharjeel Khan
2. Fakhar Zaman
3. M. Hurraira
3. Babar Azam
4. Azam Khan
5. Shadab Khan(c)
6. Umar Akmal
7. Fahim Ashraf
In fairness to that poster my #3 and #7 would be the same ;) (at the expense of Azhar Ali and Agha Salman)

Xuhaib

International Coach
That hatred which some people have on that site for Rizwan is unreal

In fairness, a good proportion of that is a couple of posters posting in blatant bad faith
Rizwan is a devout muslim and wears his religion on his sleeve, some of the so called enlightend minority have an issue with this so he gets a lot of stick from them but it also goes both ways as some orthodox types go out of the way to support him due to his faith.

slow deck

Cricket Spectator

I think the issue is Hasan Ali has been out of form and down on confidence this season (maybe due to white ball axing?) after being quite excellent in test cricket for the most part. They've also lost faith in Mohammad Abbas, so were lacking experience. They also perhaps should have also put games into bowlers like Sameen Gul by now who has been a standout in first class cricket. Naseem, Sameen, Shaheen, Wasim Jr, Dahani, are promising upcoming bowlers but all young. Hasan Ali is apparently in line to come back into the team now with Rauf out.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't know about other neutrals, but England are most definitely my 2nd fav test team now, and not just because of the Kiwi connection with Stokes and McCullum, but they've just been so good to watch since the new coach/captain combo.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant

1.Sharjeel Khan
2. Fakhar Zaman
3. M. Hurraira
3. Babar Azam
4. Azam Khan
5. Shadab Khan(c)
6. Umar Akmal
7. Fahim Ashraf
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
& I thought Ramiz has lowest cricketing IQ out there.

Spark

Global Moderator
I honestly think there is a distinct floor below which a pitch can't really realistically go. Like, once there's no movement or extra bounce or extra pace then how much worse can it actually get?

This is especially case if we're talking about a Day 1 pitch because what distinguishes the truly irredeemable pitches are how they look on Day 4 or 5 in comparison.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Any news on how the Multan pitch is likely to play?
Use to be a road. Will be only the 6th test at Multan and the first in over 15 years but there's been 13 hundreds in the 5 tests. Last test there, Lara scored a quickfire double, taking on Kaneria at every opportunity and the year before that, England fresh from the Ashes win, lost despite having a huge lead after the first innings and starting well chasing less than 200. That was a good series, Shoaib was immense.

Kirkut

International Regular
A clean sweep for England, The NEW WORLD ORDER will kick into effect and Aussie bowlers will be ****ting it with fear of being hit into the stands
Probably the only bowling attack against which bazball won't work, Cummins/Starc/Hazlewood are just too good for that.