• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
but we got this post after like three overs:
Didn't need to see a single ball. First there was the knowledge of the shocking deck for the Aus match and Rambo's pronouncements. Then someone posed a pic of the toss somewhere, It looked ridiculously uniform. I suppose it wasn't totally featureless but I've seen lumpier looking pool tables.

It's a testament to England's sheer brilliance of speed and Pakistan's poor bowling that there was a result. Heck, if England were slightly more restrained they could have got a lot more (ensuring a draw). My innings score prediction of 775 I made at the end of day 1 was only slightly a joke, I really did think they could get that before tea on day 2 if they didn't throw away wickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Babar is obviously a fantastic batsman but he has to be one of the softest cricketers to lead a team of this stature in ages. Absolutely no game sense or initiative at all.
When they made him skipper i knew we were getting Chanderpaul II. You just watch his interviews even in the language he is comfortable with and its obvious his whole life has revolved around only counting the runs he scores, absolutely zero personality and life awareness.

Bahseph

State Captain
You just watch his interviews even in the language he is comfortable with and its obvious his whole life has revolved around only counting the runs he scores, absolutely zero personality and life awareness.
This is a strangely harsh post :laugh:

slow deck

Cricket Spectator
They ain't playing Shadab unless he plays couple of 4 dayers to prove he is match fit. Though i doubt a proper square turner with bazball you would be bowling more then 50-60 overs an innings not much different to an odi. Mubasir imo is the best young batsman based on talent still to make a test debut, his bowling won't be test standard he's a little upgrade on Salman not picking him unless he plays 6.

Based on the resources they have this is what i go with

7-Nawaz
8-Faheem
9-Naseem
10-Ali/Abbas
11- Abrar

I dont belive they will make a turner it will be little less flat something like a Lahore pitch vs Australia. Rambo is obsessed with games going 5 days something to do with PCB tv deal being dependent on number of live days of cricket.

I will give Ali another game I thought he bowled ok after he got over early debut jitters and the shock of bazball.
I would add Nawaz and Faheem as well to the team, and ofcourse Abrar. I'd have had Aamer Jamal in the squad instead of someone like Wasim Jr, and hoping someone like Sameen Gul gets added to the squad for Rauf

slow deck

Cricket Spectator
It's also really depressing reading pakpassion after games like this. So many posters there seem to jump all over the easy explanation that "lack of talent" is to blame, when its almost the opposite. Pitches, selection, captaincy, conservative mindset, mental game, lack of overall leadership and inexperieced bowlers are the reasons for this result.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's also really depressing reading pakpassion after games like this So many posters there seem to jump all over the easy explanation that "lack of talent" is to blame, when its almost the opposite. Pitches, selection, captaincy, conservative mindset, mental game, lack of overall leadership and inexperieced bowlers are the reasons for this result.
Nothing like giving a bit of credit to you opponent