• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The only downside is that the Southgate haters are already out in force over Toney not making the WC squad, and will probably keep at it unless England win the thing. Good player, and I'd take him at Palace in a heartbeat, but it's hardly a scandal that Wilson and Rashford will be on the plane instead of him.
I wonder if the betting scandal is why he never got the call

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I doubt it, is not like they didn't know about it before. Would have loved for him to go but it is no bad thing for us. Rico Henry should absolutely be going though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Potter myth continues to unravel. They’ve looked vulnerable at the back since he took over. Now they’re just generally disorganised.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn’t gonna say because nobody likes a gloater, but you went awfully quiet about Potter when Brighton got good just like everyone else said they would.
I never agreed that their pretty possession based football and cartload of missed chances made them good, but accepted that others liked them and left it at that. During his reign they generally had a clump of wins and went months without winning at all. Even their own fans were booing last season.
But besides that having an irrational dislike of certain individuals is all part of being a football fan. :santa:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
That's really dredging the barrel. At that time Houghton had got them promoted and kept them up and I didn't think he deserved to be sacked. That was nothing to with Potter. But he then had them playing prettier football, but the results weren't any better.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's really dredging the barrel. At that time Houghton had got them promoted and kept them up and I didn't think he deserved to be sacked. That was nothing to with Potter. But he then had them playing prettier football, but the results weren't any better.
You say the results weren’t any better but I don’t remember Brighton finishing 9th under Hughton? Did you literally just black out an entire season where you were proven wrong?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You say the results weren’t any better but I don’t remember Brighton finishing 9th under Hughton? Did you literally just black out an entire season where you were proven wrong?
You insisted on dragging up Chris Houghton out of nowhere. They had a bad run and he was sacked. The following season results were no better.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I've got a funny feeling LT was fuming when Southampton sacked whatever nobody they had as manager to hire Poch.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I've got a funny feeling LT was fuming when Southampton sacked whatever nobody they had as manager to hire Poch.
I don’t think I was fuming. I probably did say that I believe managers should deserve to be sacked before losing their job. I still believe that. In Southampton’s case they sacked the nobody who had just taken them up two divisions without giving him the chance in the PL. Most Southampton fans weren’t impressed either.