• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is SKY the new ABdV?

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
All great players, but I'd go:
Kallis 1, G Smith 2, ABD 3, Amla 4
Kallis 1 and Amla 4, clearly.

I rate AB above Smith though. I would be lying if I said recency bias wasn't a factor, but AB playing a fair bit longer when pitches got tough and bowlers got good swings it for me. Smith had a short career, and timed it spectacularly to coincide with weak bowlers and dull pitches. Even the RSA pitches, which tbf were always juicy by historical international standards, were in a bit of a lull in Smith's career... 90s and mid 2010s on were real harsh.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If they were Australian they’d be called Suryo and Bhuvo or something. You’re in no position to criticise nicknames.

If they were English they’d just be called Steve.
No, the English just add "y" to either the first or last name: Broady, Stokesy, Woakesy, Woody, Jimmy etc.

Yadav would probably be Daffy imo.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Tests, possibly. ODIs it's hard to see how his records flatters, he's legit a top 4 of all-time ODI bat along with Viv, Sachin, & Kohli.
you might be taking a joke about the silly op a little literally