• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022-2023 New Zealand First-Class Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Vandem may need a second opinion on rules etc. this summer while I'm not available, so just note that there's a space for temporary notes and queries down on row 116 of that spreadsheet.

Athlai

Not Terrible
What batting order should I use to not get owned by the allrounder rules?

Ravindra
Solia
Bracewell
Hampton
Blundell
Wiggins
Santner
van Beek
Younghusband
Delport
Sears

Guptill
Briggs
Bhula
Bocock

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Depends if you're keen to fully guarantee there's no bowler/all-rounder who gets voided on you (could only be a 150-point forfeit if he's a spud player), or you're in a mood to dice with it slightly.

Ravindra
Solia
Guptill
Briggs
Blundell
Bracewell
Wiggins
Santner/Younghussy/Hampton
LvB
Delport
Sears

Hampton
Bocock
Younghusband
Bhula

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Santa is gonna be an interesting one for game time. I reckon Younghusband may have a decent year but he's also a spud

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes John Bracewell talked on radio last season about how Santner doesn't have much of an appetite to get into the nets (let alone the whites) and labour away. Another two first-class games this season could be about right.

The bet might be on Bocock to get a few more games than expected as Seifert either loses interest in the format or just plays as a top-order bat.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Note the tour here by Sri Lanka has white ball games late in March, could feature the same sort of Guptill, Macewell, Sears and Rippon players as NZ vs. Netherlands.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

If you've got NZ A live scorecards pulled up (play was washed out yesterday), assist scorekeepers by noting the deliveries the not-out bats have faced at exactly 30 overs in. NZ batting only.

vandem

International 12th Man
Almost there

round 15 16

Braai Guys R ter Braak
Flem274* M Bacon
Vandem B Wheeler-Greenall
Athlai P Bocock
Straw Man D Vishvaka
Chewie pass
Ataraxia T Parkes

Ataraxia A Milne
Chewie pass
Straw man pass
@Athlai
Vandem pass
@Flem274*
Braai Guys

vandem

International 12th Man
Final pick (or pass)

round 15 16

Braai Guys R ter Braak
Flem274* M Bacon
Vandem B Wheeler-Greenall
Athlai P Bocock
Straw Man D Vishvaka
Chewie pass
Ataraxia T Parkes

Ataraxia A Milne
Chewie pass
Straw man pass
@Athlai
Vandem pass
@Flem274*
@Kippax

I will update batting orders on the website, but no need to finalise until 17th Oct as per Kippax:
Lock in your first XI the night before the Shield starts. Benches can have empty slots waiting for new names to emerge as the season goes on.

I think if someone has already gained some blunter points, that player does have to remain a blunter. You could bench him though. A reserve blunter (B3) is allowed on the bench.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I also pass.

A 'hiring and firing window' will run from 6.00pm 17th November until the Pakistan 1st Test (or end of Jan if NZ don't tour). A maximum of two players can be dropped, the replacements for them can come from your bench or be players who were never attached to any team.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Does playing this match mean he's likely to play actual Plunket Shield when it suits?

Makes little sense to me, but it's Colin De Grandhomme so expect the unexpected.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
We can wait for the team release on Monday. He probably will utilise it rather than heading into the BBL stone cold in December.

vandem

International 12th Man
So is cut-off for top XI vs bench swaps (and any last minute additions to bench players, or changing blunters etc) Mon evening? Tues by 10am?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Seth Rance taking a break from four-dayers. Greg Hay broke his arm in the nets two weeks ago.

CENTRAL STAGS SQUAD

Tom Bruce (c) - Taranaki, RH batsman, off-spin bowler

Doug Bracewell - Hawke’s Bay, RH pace allrounder

Josh Clarkson - Nelson, RH pace allrounder

Dane Cleaver (w) - Manawatu, RH wicketkeeper-batsman

Ajaz Patel - Hawke’s Bay, LH off-spin bowler

Brett Randell - ex-Northern Districts, RH pace allrounder

Brad Schmulian - Hawke’s Bay, RH batsman, leg-spin bowler

Ben Smith - Whanganui, RH batsman

Blair Tickner - Hawke’s Bay, RH pace bowler

Ray Toole - Manawatu, LH pace bowler

Bayley Wiggins - Hawke’s Bay, RH batsman, wicketkeeper

Will Young - Taranaki, RH batsman

Players unavailable for selection

Seth Rance - Wairarapa

Greg Hay - Nelson (injury)

Bowlers Nathan Smith (back injury), Ben Sears (abdominal injury), Ollie Newton (birth of second son) Logan van Beek and Adam Milne (T20 World Cup) are all unavailable.

2020 ND and NZ U19 seamer Dave Hancock selected in Wellington squad.

Last edited: