• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
was very surprised when I just checked, he averages 42 but hasn't played an ODI since 2019.
I thought he might have had a pretty ordinary WC that year but it turns out he averaged 35 at a strike rate of 88. Not elite by normal standards but for that tourney where bowlers were on top, more than decent imo

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I thought he might have had a pretty ordinary WC that year but it turns out he averaged 35 at a strike rate of 88. Not elite by normal standards but for that tourney where bowlers were on top, more than decent imo
He played a couple of important innings IIRC, including one in a low scoring game against NZ at Lord's

ashley bach

International Captain
He turned the corner in tests he can do the same in ODI's. He's in a good space atm.
fmd surely he's miles better than Finch and possibly a couple others.

Burgey

The other potential benefit of Khawaja coming into the side atm is the WC is in India and he's a very good slow wicket player.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Santner + Southee + Neesham means unlikely NZ take a wicket through these middle overs. Milne another option that doesn't take wickets.

Agree with commentators that NZ needs someone that takes wickets through the middle - a spinner would be nice but I'm pretty sure it's not Sodhi. Rippon should've been given a few chances in the recent multi-country tour, but instead we took him all round the world to sit on the bench.

That said, keeping the scoring rate down is a valid tactic right now.

Burgey

One for the reverse sweep Hall of Shame

Like, just stand there and knock it to long on or play a normal sweep ffs

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Santner + Southee + Neesham means unlikely NZ take a wicket through these middle overs. Milne another option that doesn't take wickets.

Agree with commentators that NZ needs someone that takes wickets through the middle - a spinner would be nice but I'm pretty sure it's not Sodhi. Rippon should've been given a few chances in the recent multi-country tour, but instead we took him all round the world to sit on the bench.
Ferguson + Santner is a decent partnership even if Santner not a wicket taker. They'll hold their own in case of an onslaught too, Rippon and Sears should be in the frame though NZ seem happy to just keep them on the fringe as of now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, split frame decision.

That wicketkeeping from Latham is enough to make any purist blush tbh. Dhoni etc would've had the bails off an eternity earlier.

TheJediBrah

NZ & Aus together would be a very strong side

Warner
Conway
Smith
Williamson
Green
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
Zampa