• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Contrast to Southee, who as the commentators pointed out earlier, has never really done it against Australia.

No I still haven't got over that Ferguson was left out.
Could understand if they went Southee over Henry even if that would've been harsh. He'll probably have to content with a ball that doesn't swing now, time to put that experience to good use.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Pfft. Australia will still score 320.

Kane will score 50 off 120 balls to “lay a platform” before the lower order hits some quick runs. We lose by 50 runs and everyone moves on.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm willing to give Marnus a bit more leeway. There should be no reason he can't be a decent top-order ODI bat. Not saying he should be allowed to fail forever but it's not like he's been consistently useless forever like Finch & Stoinis.

TheJediBrah

Khawaja could be one of the best ODI bats in the world, and IIRC he just about was when he was given that brief run a couple years ago. Bizarre that he doesn't seem to even be on the radar

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Khawaja could be one of the best ODI bats in the world, and IIRC he just about was when he was given that brief run a couple years ago. Bizarre that he doesn't seem to even be on the radar
was very surprised when I just checked, he averages 42 but hasn't played an ODI since 2019.

TheJediBrah

was very surprised when I just checked, he averages 42 but hasn't played an ODI since 2019.
It's very weird. He's so far off the radar that I didn't even think of him until you mentioned it. But he should absolutely be there in the squad at least. Finch, Stoinis, Marnus at the very least should be behind him in the pecking order.

trundler

Marnus has a bit of a Rizwan situation going on. He's not been great in ODIs so far but there's clearly a top batsman in there.