• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Should NZ think of bringing back Boult or Henry for a crack now? The backup has done a great job keeping the runs down, but don't want these 2 getting too comfortable. Break this partnership now and you're into the tail.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Will Macewell even bowl today? Neesham could bowl 10, or otherwise bowl 7 with Mitchell bowling 3 (if we don"t bowl them out).

Flem274*

123/5
Agree with the comms in spirit. I'm on board with say trialling santner at 7 and going 4 strike bowlers. Sodhi ain't one though.

Moss

Will Macewell even bowl today? Neesham could bowl 10, or otherwise bowl 7 with Mitchell bowling 3 (if we don"t bowl them out).
No need for that now I'd say. Bring back at least one of the frontliners and try to make inroads. Bowl Neesham out at the death if you must.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No real surprise the bloke who plays the latest has managed to eek out a 50 on a deck which is hard to play shots on. Hasn't been easy for him either.

Moss

Agree with the comms in spirit. I'm on board with say trialling santner at 7 and going 4 strike bowlers. Sodhi ain't one though.
This would work if the top 5 were reliable at churning out big scores, but not really the case IMO so you need the extra batting (though I don't think Macewell is the answer). NZ should try it though and see if the extra strike bowler makes a difference.

ashley bach

International Captain
You and giving Mitchell a bowl, try as hard as you like but it don't seem to ever happen, shame because it'd be worth a wee crack.