• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

Howe_zat

Audio File
Maybe this is a dumb question, but... Broad now ranks #40 on the list of all-time run-scorers for England, just below Greig. The other names above them who also bowled substantially are just: Flintoff, Botham, Stokes, and I suppose Hammond, unless I've missed someone obvious. So is Broad legitimately one of the greatest England allrounders ever?
This is a curious question given that Stuart Broad is the greatest batsman of all time

edit: I stand by this

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wonder if Trundler is so anti-Buttler because 50% of his test centuries came against Pakistan
I saw Foakes keep impeccably on rank turners on debut. Scored a magnificent ton too. Then he fell out of favour and spent years out of the side for Buttler who never did anything in either department but was always surrounded by talk of coming good eventually. Also I just pick random hills and become intensely obnoxious about my chosen causes. :ph34r:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe this is a dumb question, but... Broad now ranks #40 on the list of all-time run-scorers for England, just below Greig. The other names above them who also bowled substantially are just: Flintoff, Botham, Stokes, and I suppose Hammond, unless I've missed someone obvious. So is Broad legitimately one of the greatest England allrounders ever?
Obviously. Although Ray Illingworth scored more runs for England than young Stuart too.

nick-o

State 12th Man
This is a curious question given that Stuart Broad is the greatest batsman of all time

edit: I stand by this
I think you are mis-remembering here; it seems like it was just yesterday that Jimmy Anderson overtook WG's career total -- by now, he has nearly 20 percent more runs than WG's tally, and everyone accepts WG was previously considered the greatest.

flibbertyjibber

Got to say that the new keeper looks good for SA. You hardly notice him which I think is a good thing with your keeper.

As for the English one, brilliant innings. Well played lad.

trundler

Yeah baby a ton in a precarious situation to put his team on top against the best pace attack in the world.

Hasn't looked the most reassuring against pace but such jamminess only elevates a good keeper knock.