• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Important for Stokes to get a score. It was a strange run of poor form, seemed to be mostly due to poor batting strategy rather than technique or reaction problems.

Heboric

International Debutant
Elgar has to own up to this selection blunder. No way around it.
I will stand up for Elgar a bit here. In the end his players let him down. Our batters in the first dig and our bowlers barring Nortje havent been to sharp. So as they say Captain Hindsight has never lost a match

chris.hinton

International Captain
Well there you go. South Africa have already ran out of ideas. We do this to teams and will do so in the future

Foakes and Stokes are awesome. SA attack looks average now and confidence has gone and i would be worried if i was a South Africa fan

chris.hinton

International Captain
Get 200-250 ahead. and South Africa will not make us bat again. Anderson is too good against them. You see the changing rooms all relaxed and very confident. an easy innings victory is on the menu

nick-o

State 12th Man
Maybe this is a dumb question, but... Broad now ranks #40 on the list of all-time run-scorers for England, just below Greig. The other names above them who also bowled substantially are just: Flintoff, Botham, Stokes, and I suppose Hammond, unless I've missed someone obvious. So is Broad legitimately one of the greatest England allrounders ever?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Important for Stokes to get a score. It was a strange run of poor form, seemed to be mostly due to poor batting strategy rather than technique or reaction problems.
Poor form been overstated imo. Averaging 37 for the summer before today; pretty much standard for him.