• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham

weeman27bob

International Regular
Medal table's really tightened up over the last couple of days with the swimming having completed and England doing especially well in diving and gymnastics. It'll be close, though it's hard to see anyone stopping Australia in hockey and cricket .

India have moved up miles after winning loads of weightlifting and wrestling medals in the last couple of days.

View attachment 32665
I think it'd probably mean we have to take one or two golds off Australia across hockey/netball/cricket, but it doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility that we could sneak into the lead with some diving/athletics golds.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think it'd probably mean we have to take one or two golds off Australia across hockey/netball/cricket, but it doesn't seem beyond the realms of possibility that we could sneak into the lead with some diving/athletics golds.
England could also get up in boxing which gives out 16 golds on Sunday.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching squash doubles at the moment. How someone doesn't get decapitated is anyone's guess. Willstrop looks like he just got out of his casket a half an hour ago to play. The Aussies should take to the court with a ring of garlic around their necks to try to gain the upper hand.

Chubb

International Regular
I used to play squash regularly but never doubles, it’s hard enough for low grade players to stay out of each others way in singles. Even three quarter court is a bit risky.

Its such a great game for losing weight. When I started playing I was 16 and Chubb was a casually cruel name I’d been given at school (because owning it was better than, you know, trying to kill myself). By the time I turned 18 nobody could understand why I’d been called that. This is the only place I still use it. Squash was a huge reason.

Flem274*

123/5
I used to play squash regularly but never doubles, it’s hard enough for low grade players to stay out of each others way in singles. Even three quarter court is a bit risky.

Its such a great game for losing weight. When I started playing I was 16 and Chubb was a casually cruel name I’d been given at school (because owning it was better than, you know, trying to kill myself). By the time I turned 18 nobody could understand why I’d been called that. This is the only place I still use it. Squash was a huge reason.
bro, glad you're in a better spot now.

Chubb

International Regular
Bad tempered hockey bronze medal match between Eng and SA. England player quite lucky to avoid a red card just now. Got away with shoulder barging an opponent.

Poor SA pulled their goalie then had to face a penalty corner, fortunately England missed and nobody was hurt.

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
It was a shellacking wasn't it!? I watched all bar the last 5 minutes or so, and the Aussies were very impressive.
I knew it was gonna be a 2010 repeat as soon as Australia were 2 - 0 up, Indian team has a massive mental block against them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Straya once again dominating and comfortably winning the medal tally these Games is a good sign that the proper order of things is returning after a chaotic few years for the planet. Nature is healing.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Straya once again dominating and comfortably winning the medal tally these Games is a good sign that the proper order of things is returning after a chaotic few years for the planet. Nature is healing.
178 v 176 = "dominating and comfortably winning the medal tally"?

COMMONWEALTH GAMES MEDALS TALLY (FINAL)

1. Australia — 67, 57, 54, 178

2. England — 57, 66, 53, 176

Congratulations to ALL athletes who competed and gave their all. A pox on the media and those who think that medal tallies are the b all and end all.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
An easy win. Easing down at the end when we had it in the bag. A full ten gold medals more than the soap dodgers.

Also, according to CW lore, Australia's medals count for more because they were won away from home. That's how it works.