• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravindra Jadeja vs Vinoo Mankad vs Ashwin

The better all-rounder

• Mankad

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Jadeja

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Ashwin

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

subshakerz

International Coach
Don't think he will hold it for long though. By end of the career, Jadeja will be India's greatest test AR. His batting hasn't fully bloomed yet. He is a 40- 45 potential batsman in addition to being a sub 25 bowler.
Yeah but will he replace Ashwin or will India have three spinners in their all-time XI?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It has almost become a case of

Hardik + Ash

(or)

Jadeja + Shardul

when we play overseas. Who knew Hardik not being fit would impact Ashwin's career, lol.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
One thing I would like Jadeja to improve is his batting with the tail. Sometimes, you have to go bonkers when the batsmen around you can't hang on for too long. He hasn't done it consistenly enough so far imo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
One thing I would like Jadeja to improve is his batting with the tail. Sometimes, you have to go bonkers when the batsmen around you can't hang on for too long. He hasn't done it consistenly enough so far imo.
He tries the Laxman method which was the Steve Waugh and Chanderpaul method too.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman/Kohli
Pant/Dhoni
Jadeja
Kapil
Ashwin/Kumble
Bumrah
Shami/Ishant/Zaheer/Srinath/those old guys

7 guys pick themselves in the India atg team for me. 4 places have good alternatives and hence, tough to choose.

subshakerz

International Coach
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman/Kohli
Pant/Dhoni
Jadeja
Kapil
Ashwin/Kumble
Bumrah
Shami/Ishant/Zaheer/Srinath/those old guys

7 guys pick themselves in the India atg team for me. 4 places have good alternatives and hence, tough to choose.
The choice should be Ashwin or Jadeja not Ashwin or Kumble. Kumble is India's best all conditions spinner and hence a lock.

Flem274*

123/5
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Pant
Kapil
Jadeja
Kumble
Zaheer
Bumrah

I'm giving Kumble the nod here for his pre-DRS work and coldly assessing the keeper slot, Dhoni was obv a gun for India but away from captaincy and his insane stumping I think Pant has done more for India already in terms of raw results. It's not like Pant has a lower floor than Dhoni either. When Pant looks like a goober it's funnier but Dhoni was far more likely to scratch around awkwardly for 30 balls.

Tbh Laxman and Mankad a little unlucky to continously miss out to Kohli. In my heart of hearts I genuinely thought he'd have scored a ton by now since the meme began tbh.

subshakerz

International Coach
Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Pant
Kapil
Jadeja
Kumble
Zaheer
Bumrah

I'm giving Kumble the nod here for his pre-DRS work and coldly assessing the keeper slot, Dhoni was obv a gun for India but away from captaincy and his insane stumping I think Pant has done more for India already in terms of raw results. It's not like Pant has a lower floor than Dhoni either. When Pant looks like a goober it's funnier but Dhoni was far more likely to scratch around awkwardly for 30 balls.

Tbh Laxman and Mankad a little unlucky to continously miss out to Kohli. In my heart of hearts I genuinely thought he'd have scored a ton by now since the meme began tbh.
I agree with this pretty much except if Jadeja is going to bat no.8 might as well put Ashwin who is the better spinner.

Jadeja at no.7 makes his batting more important and justifies his selection.

BazBall21

International Regular
Gavaskar
Merchant
Dravid
Tendulkar
Kohli
Pant
Dev
Ashwin
Srinath
Bumrah
Chandra

Very harsh on Jadeja. But I feel Dev and Ashwin are both locks and not sure his batting is needed with Ashwin at 8. Chandra is India’s second best spinner imo. Very good overseas.