• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

slippy888

International Captain
Why is Kane Richardson still in Australia team, surely Aussies got better options even without starc and cummins in the team

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It is lucky we got away with 2-1. It should have been 3-0. It needed a performance out of the ordinary to win. Still SL don't function as a unit. Our wins are based around a stellar performance from somebody.

Lord Danny has been good, and looks like one of the few SL players who could hit the ball to make it stay hit. But Kusal Mendis has been a nightmare. Chameera needs a break at least from ODIs.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Next comes ODIs

Nissanka
Danny
Kamindu Mendis
DDS
Asalanka
Dikwella
Shanaka
Wanindu
Karunarathne
Theekshana
Asitha Fernando

would be my team.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
In the mean time there is a high profile A tour going on. Aus A vs SL A. ODI series drawn at 1 - 1. Pretty strong sides on display, with Stoinis, Head, Dikwella, DDS and Oshada fernando playing.

Highlights of the 2nd match.

Gob

International Coach
Apparently it's

Arun
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Carey
Stoinis
Maxwell
Agar
Cummins
Jhye
Hazlewood

Probably what I'd go in with too. Wouldn't mind Green there over Stoinis if the former bowls but he won't

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently it's

Arun
Warner
Smith
Labuschagne
Carey
Stoinis
Maxwell
Agar
Cummins
Jhye
Hazlewood

Probably what I'd go in with too. Wouldn't mind Green there over Stoinis if the former bowls but he won't
Not far from what the full strength team would be tbh. Starc, MMarsh/Green, Head & Zampa would all strengthen it slightly but not by that much. Starc will probably be the most missed given the conditions.

Thinking more about it Zampa might be a big out too if conditions are anything like those the A games were played in. You'd want him and Agar both playing ideally

Gob

International Coach
Not far from what the full strength team would be tbh. Starc, MMarsh/Green, Head & Zampa would all strengthen it slightly but not by that much. Starc will probably be the most missed given the conditions.

Thinking more about it Zampa might be a big out too if conditions are anything like those the A games were played in. You'd want him and Agar both playing ideally
Be interesting to pick another possible team (not necessarily A side as some of these guys may have fallen out of the radar) from players not playing today

Head
Khawaja
McDermott
Renshaw
Inglis +
Marsh
Green
Starc
Zampa
Richardson
Steketee

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I forgot about Khawaja. Both Head and Khawaja are objectively better ODI bats than Labu or Finch now IMO.

Gob

International Coach
I forgot about Khawaja. Both Head and Khawaja are objectively better ODI bats than Labu or Finch now IMO.
And Wade too but I believe that was always the case

Anywho Head has to open if he plays. Been making a habit of scoring 70 ball tons of late. I don't mind marnus in the middle overs though. Not that he has done anything of note yet but him and Smith can milk the bowlers in the middle overs to keep the innings on course for the final overs