• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

jcas0167

International Debutant
Agree - I hate this ho-ho-ho Kane just doesn't rate spinners so doesn't captain them properly thing. He simply doesn't involve a spinner in any kind of relevant way (outside of SC tours), never gets them into the game, and it's a waste. A minor deal in the scheme of things but still not good.
I think it's partly also that he went through age group levels with Southee and Boult and basically just always wants them to bowl.
He's also been blessed with some of the best pace bowlers in NZ cricket history so, like Lloyd and Richards with the Windies, he has gotten used to winning games without any real need for spin.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Enjoyed that knock from Root although he wrecked the test match for us. One of the very best knock no doubt.

From 30 to 100 I barely thought he hit a ball. Just cruised through. Not a shot in anger but still scored at good pace.

Another five years of plenty of batting to come I guess.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Brilliant knock from Root.

NZ should not be too discouraged though apart from Root and Stokes England haven’t really shown they they have much else in the top order so it’s quite an open series

Flem274*

123/5
What a player. Guy is churning out classic hundreds with almost boring regularity.
Honestly I think he's quietly moving into 2nd behind Smith. KW and Kohli have done way more in Australia true, but they're not the center of the world (very important match up for England tbf, which muddies the waters here).