• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Also Rans" Poster Draft

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slight edit. Stephen has obviously disgraced himself by speaking positively about One Nation and Cribb’s buffoons, and in an election campaign to boot. He has been rightfully expunged. VictorIan will now take the new rock.

also added Hingeh, a criminal exclusion on my part from the original post. My fault for failing to proof read TBT’s efforts. The relevant team member has gone the way of Stephen - expunged. Apologies @GotSpin for the error. I acknowledge the error on the part of the team (not me though. I don’t hold a keyboard mate).

i think that’s basically every decent regular poster now included. If anyone is aware of someone I’ve overlooked, feel free to post and let me know.

The following are obviously exempt from this draft as they are ATGs of the forum whose contributions and consistent excellence make them beyond reproach. Keep in mind that at th ATG level there is very little between these posters, each of whom are rightly rated enormously highly.

CW ATG 1st XI - Hall of Fame/ Immortals:

Burgey (c) (Life Member)
NZT
Phlegm
Spikey
Smudge
Athlai
Fred Fertang (vc)
RTB
Daemon (+)
DCYE
GIMH
Vogue (12th person)

CW ATG 2nd XI:

Silentstriker
Howe
ShadySlim
Spark
SteveNZ (c)
BoyBrumby(+)
James (vc)
Uppercut
Sledger
PEWS
_Ed_
Marcuss (12th man)

CW ATG 3rd XI:

OS (c)
Bijed (Spirit of CW award winner)
Adders
Magrat Garlick
StephenZA
Gnske (vc)
JBMAC (+) (obviously)
Teja
HDS
Morgieb
Starfighter
NP10 (12th man)

CW ATG 4th XI:

Line & Length (c)
Duffer
Grecian
wpdavid
social
marc7178 (+)
smash84
mr_mister
Himannv
Anil (vc)
LillianThomson
GotSpin (12th man)

CW ATG 5th XI:

ankitj
The Sean (c)
Days of Grace (vc)
ImpatientLime
Red Ink Squid (+)
Son of Coco
TJB
anil1405
Niall
cricaddict
Pothas

CW ATG 6th XI:

Furball (c)
flibbertyjibber
harsh.ag
Red
Shri (+)
SillyCowCorner
Chewie
andruid
weemanbob
trundler
VictorIan

Apologies if I've left out some decent posters. I may have forgotten a couple but it's unlikely.

Anyway. I hate drafts, because in a cricketing context they're stupid. Picking fantasy sides of players from across different eras who will never play against each other is as dumb as dog **** as a past time - about as useless as reading a fantasy novel about elves or dwarfs going on an adventure or some other stupid wankfest.

However, they have a use when it comes to comparing contemporary posters on CW.

This draft will determine the worst XI of the CW vermin who are always her or hereabouts, but who really contribute very little of use except for being space fillers. The kind of posters you usually just trawl past blithely because you know they really add nothing of any real value. They're usually more to be pitied than despised, however, occasionally they're worthy of derision.

I make no apology for having taken this idea from Line & Length's thread and thank him for the inspiration.
Ok

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The following are obviously exempt from this draft as they are ATGs of the forum whose contributions and consistent excellence make them beyond reproach. Keep in mind that at th ATG level there is very little between these posters, each of whom are rightly rated enormously highly.

Burgey (c) (Life Member)
NZT
Phlegm
Spikey
Smudge
Athlai
Fred Fertang (vc)
RTB
Daemon (+)
DCYE
GIMH
Vogue (12th person)
The first and last time I'll bat 5 in any team.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The first and last time I'll bat 5 in any team.
I pity Burgey having to skipper you in the field, but I'm backing you to make plenty of runs against some of these other line-ups. And to make vastly more runs at 5 than I will at 9.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Slight edit. Stephen has obviously disgraced himself by speaking positively about One Nation and Cribb’s buffoons, and in an election campaign to boot. He has been rightfully expunged. VictorIan will now take the new rock.

also added Hingeh, a criminal exclusion on my part from the original post. My fault for failing to proof read TBT’s efforts. The relevant team member has gone the way of Stephen - expunged. Apologies @GotSpin for the error. I acknowledge the error on the part of the team (not me though. I don’t hold a keyboard mate).

i think that’s basically every decent regular poster now included. If anyone is aware of someone I’ve overlooked, feel free to post and let me know.

Ok
Can’t see myself anywhere but I’ll cop this one ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can’t see myself anywhere but I’ll cop this one ?
In the post with the edit. But in the interests of completeness please find below the lists:

Burgey (c) (Life Member)
NZT
Phlegm
Spikey
Smudge
Athlai
Fred Fertang (vc)
RTB
Daemon (+)
DCYE
GIMH
Vogue (12th person)

CW ATG 2nd XI:

Silentstriker
Howe
ShadySlim
Spark
SteveNZ (c)
BoyBrumby(+)
James (vc)
Uppercut
Sledger
PEWS
_Ed_
Marcuss (12th man)

CW ATG 3rd XI:

OS (c)
Bijed (Spirit of CW award winner)
Adders
Magrat Garlick
StephenZA
Gnske (vc)
JBMAC (+) (obviously)
Teja
HDS
Morgieb
Starfighter
NP10 (12th man)

CW ATG 4th XI:

Line & Length (c)
Duffer
Grecian
wpdavid
social
marc7178 (+)
smash84
mr_mister
Himannv
Anil (vc)
LillianThomson
GotSpin (12th man)

CW ATG 5th XI:

ankitj
The Sean (c)
Days of Grace (vc)
ImpatientLime
Red Ink Squid (+)
Son of Coco
TJB
anil1405
Niall
cricaddict
Pothas

CW ATG 6th XI:

Furball (c)
flibbertyjibber
harsh.ag
Red
Shri (+)
SillyCowCorner
Chewie
andruid
weemanbob
trundler
VictorIan

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Burgey, what will your instructions me to myself and dyce when we open the bowling?