• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in Pakistan 2022

Gob

International Coach
Listened to the grade cricketer and they made a pretty decent point about Cummins dangling the carrot so there could be more opportunities to take wickets as opposed to Pakistan just shutting the shop.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fawad's been crap this series but tbf to him on some occasions he's had to come in and immediately face hostile reverse which his well set teammates couldn't see out. All with that hilarious set up.

I think he'll show up this innings if we don't see Starc/Cummins jagging it around.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This is the Usman we were once promised.

Love it for him. Can't believe we put up with Harris and Bancroft for so long.
Pretty sure I was among the Usman supporters here even in 2017/18 and especially after sandpapaer gate. Cannot believe you guys sabotaged your own team this way. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
there's pessimism and then there's "you should bowl first on a dead subcontinent track"
I honestly wont rule out one of your galaxy brains doing exactly that in the upcoming series in SL or India.

On another note, we should start calling the SL-Aus series the MW Trophy, like the BG for Ind-Aus.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think the declaration is that stupid and its driven almost entirely by the 7-11 line up of Pakistan. The pitch does do things now and then but it still remains reasonably easy paced to defend, at least. I agree with TGC guys that the carrot maybe important to snatch a last session victory here.

But I still think it will just be a draw, and pretty boring one towards the end at that. Hopefully I am wrong though. Would be a great way to kick off a weekend of cricket. :)

Gob

International Coach
I dont think the declaration is that stupid and its driven almost entirely by the 7-11 line up of Pakistan. The pitch does do things now and then but it still remains reasonably easy paced to defend, at least. I agree with TGC guys that the carrot maybe important to snatch a last session victory here.

But I still think it will just be a draw, and pretty boring one towards the end at that. Hopefully I am wrong though. Would be a great way to kick off a weekend of cricket. :)
It won't be a boring draw. If they bat pretty boringly for two sessions only losing two or three wickets, they will be in a position to have a crack at the total and surely will go for it

I'm thinking 222 for 2 at tea

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
This isn’t being chased down. There’s a ball every over rolling through even though our cordon can’t catch

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty sure I was among the Usman supporters here even in 2017/18 and especially after sandpapaer gate. Cannot believe you guys sabotaged your own team this way. :laugh:
Usman couldn't buy a run between the border-gavaskar in 2018 and the 2019 ashes. He failed to show up as the senior batsmen, and was a major reason India smashed us.

Great to see him do well now but let's not treat him like a god.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pat will learn, if he thinks it's bad to draw a Test when you're the better team, it's nothing compared to losing a Test when you were the better team